Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think Sadie must have a hard time seeing these days! Has anyone tried trimming around the eyes? The rest of her hair is a good length, not too long, so I haven't planned to take her to the groomers, but I think she could use a trim around her eyes, don't you?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yea, my mom grooms our dogs, just take some scissors (if you are worried about cutting them you can use round tip scissors) hold your dogs head still and snip snip

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
We trim Chase's hair when it gets too long around his eyes too...only I wait until he is sleeping, then I ask my husband to help hold his head still, just in case, and then I put his hair between my fingers with my palm over his eyes...so my fingers have his hair like sissors would and the rest of my palm is protecting his eyes from any slip. Round tipped sissors are best, but of course even they can hurt if the dog moves quickly and you get his eye. You also want to keep the hair clippings out of his eye too...so the hand thing works well for us.
Sadie is beautiful, by the way!

·
Registered
294 Posts
we have had to trim Ottos hair round the eyes, we used nasel sissors, and did it from behind his head as you would with drops to the eyes

·
Registered
294 Posts
sorry forgot to say, can I have her? she is adorable she looks so cute, what kind of nature does she have?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Angie

She is as sweet as she looks - gentle and loving, but always up for a good play or run.

She could be a bit more obedient though - maybe I'm not being patient enough but I would like more consitency with the come, drop it and stay commands.

But other than that we think she's just great!

Not much luck with the trimming though - she keeps trying to bite at the scissors!

·
Registered
401 Posts
ooo you really have to be careful with that, my cousin took their shitzu to a groomers and due to the dog always licking her nose they cut off her tongue!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
EEEEeewwww, ick!!! I can't stand the thought of that!
You know those creepy little chills that you get sometimes...well, I have them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts