Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farley is 13 weeks and about 18 lbs. I am just not sure how much and often he should be eating and pooping. I have him on Nutro Natural Choice food but realized that I bought the one for sensitive stomachs puppy one so I'm going to go to the store today and get the regular puppy one. Anyway, I've been giving him one cup in the morning, 1/2 cup at noon and one cup at night. But he's pooping up to 6 times a day or more. It's formed (he had a day with the runs but a serving of pumpking fixed that) but s-m-e-l-l-y!!! I'm just wondering if this is normal? He does get treats when he goes potty outside and when we are doing our daily commands work. I use a combination of Puperoni cut in nibble size pieces (because my husband bought a giant bag of it at Sams) and cat kibble. Is this extra *treat* food what is making him poop so much?

We go to the vet tomorrow for his next round of shots and I'll ask her all of this, but I thought I'd get some input from the "hands on" Doodle experts!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I work on 45 gram for a kilo in weight, otto gets fed three times a day plus treats he poos about 4 times, but I dont think you should be giving cat food to a dog.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angie said:
I work on 45 gram for a kilo in weight, otto gets fed three times a day plus treats he poos about 4 times, but I dont think you should be giving cat food to a dog.
I feed my cat Nurto Max Cat food. We discovered Farley loves it, when he got into the laundry room one day, so he gets individual pieces as treats, not as his acutal food. I figured comparing ingredients to the dog food treats my husband bought, it's got to be better for him. He gets maybe half dozen to a dozen kibble pieces a day, spread out throughout the day, as his treat for going potty outside or when working on his commands.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im not an expert on this subject but I have heard that cat food isnt that bad for dogs. And as a cat owner myself I can tell ya that Leno has gotten into the cat food many many times and he never gets a loose stool. I've also heard that too many treats will upset the tummy too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts