Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how food much our doodle Palmer should get. He is 5 months old now and probably weighs close to 30lbs - I think. He always finishes his food. I don't want to give him too much. (I think we give him 4 cups a day total of Science Diet large breed).
Thanks! Donna

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Donna,

My puppy Sawyer is also 5 months and he has 2 cups, twice a day (total of 4 cups) of large breed puppy food. He weighs about 40lbs. and seems to be gaining and growing well. He does eat all his food and usually about a 1/2 hour later goes back and licks up the crumbs and cleans his bowl!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. I fed our doodle, Dave, 4 cups of Science Diet Puppy Large Breed until he was about 7 months old, then I increased it to about 5 cups/day(much less than the recommended amount on the bag). We are pretty generous on giving him dog treats especially on dog training days. He just kept growing and growing! He is now is 90 lbs at 9 months old but still lean. (I'm planning on switching him to Innova Puppy Large Breed over the next 2 weeks just because the ingredients look more natural.)

·
Registered
209 Posts
We used to feed Sawyer Science Diet large breed puppy, but it did not work for him (very sensitive stomach) so we switched to Eagle Pack holistic on the advice of Summer's mom, Bridget. I forgot which link that was, but I wanted to update. The Eagle Pack has been wonderful for Sawyer, almost from the first feeding we noticed a big difference in the er...gas :oops: department and I even picked up a bag of the Holistix treats. Thanks, Bridget.

When do you make the switch from large breed puppy to a regular formula? Our guy is definitely still growing, he looks so big today! All legs and his chest filling out, too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Susana-
I'm so happy that Sawyer and his sensitive stomach are doing better on Eagle Pack. I was also suprised at the sudden improvement... after the first meal went through her- no diarrhea or gas! I'm really happy that it worked for you guys! Take care!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bandit is 5 months now, and he gets 2cups @ feeding time 3 times a days. 6A, 12P, 6P give or take 30 minutes... And he still forrages around like he is starving. I swear he is an eating MACHINE! Dont have a clue how much he weighs, probably 30-40# range, and getting bigger all the time.

Changed from Purina One to Natures Recipe Puppy formula a month or so ago as he was constantly itching and we had the thought of it being a grain allergy. Removed the beef, corn, and wheat products and he is itching less than a quarter of what he used to do.
The food is also natural and fee from all the fillers that a lower quality food has.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Keywee, you should be switching over to regular dog food between 5 and 6 mos of age.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts