Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much dry food should we be feeding our Lucy? She is almost 8mos old and weighs 30 lbs. She gets just over a cup for breakfast and same for supper of dry Purina One Healthy something. She goes nuts for this food, and has not had any problems with it. Are we feeding her too little? Too much? She also eats at least 1 rawhide twist a day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. I am not an expert so hopefully someone who is will reply soon. But my Abby at 5mos. was 40lbs. and the vet told me she was perfect. Now she was going to be a big girl going by her paw size but I fed her 3 cups of dry a day. :) Goodluck!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have fed PURINA foods for years, and one of the reasons I stayed with them so long was because their bags are SO user-friendly. Look at the chart on the bag...it should ask you to find what weight/size Lucy will be at maturity - most Doodles are in the 50+lbs class...and then there will be a range of how much to feed in a day, based on age.

It should be easy to find....that's a guidline. If you want to feed more or less ask your vet!

best wishes.....
~M

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
HEY THERE!!!!!

Have your ears been burning? - Kristin (debbildog) and I have been talking about you every now and again - she and I have Lucy's littermates, Dexter and Sandy.

Can you post an updated photo of Lucy?? We'd love to see how their sister looks now....thanks!!

(PS - can you believe it's almost 8 months already?????)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts