Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seems like my Daisy does alot of sleeping. When she is up and about she plays and chews runs and jumps but then she is O U T for about 2 hours after that. I would say she sleeps alot more than she plays. Is this typical?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I am just so concerned about her. I guess I am a bit paranoid. I also am worried about hip displasia. When she runs she does bring both of her hind legs forward at the same time. Could this be a lack of coordination in a young puppy. She walks fine, jumps alot and doesn't whine at all any more. When I brought her to the vet for her initial check up he didn't mention anything. I didn't ask because I only had her a day. She was very sad and in my arms most of the time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would not worry too much, as we thought the same about Otto, he was like Bamby , and Pluto all legs he had no co-ordination. Enjoy the peace before the storm as you wont know what has hit you, a clown and tornados.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It gets worse?!?! I was hoping it would get better -- 1) won't need to get up every few hours to let out, 2) won't puppy nip, 3) gets more trained. Am I in for a big surprise. :shock:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Karen, welcome!
I agree with the others...NORMAL!! :D

I would, however, be sure to mention the unusual way your pup walks on your next vet visit...they can put her on the floor and watch her...and the vet will help you decide if you have nay issues...until then, don't fret...just enjoy that sweet baby!

Illinois Bob...I had to laugh at your post! (But the training part is key to all the other things, as I am sure you already know and are already working on! :wink: )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jac,

Daisy walks fine. But when she runs quickly she uses her hind legs in unison. The vet called yesterday regarding her stool and I mentioned it. He said he did not notice anything abnormal during her exam. What I am referring to is a "canter" when she runs and that if I am concerned he will x-ray her during her spaying. I tend to always expect the worst with everything. It makes my husband crazy. I am hoping it is just my personality coming through again. Is it abnormal for a young pup to canter?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ha! Karen!! I relate! I always worry about the worst ... the really bad part for me is that my husband is even more of a worrier than I am!

We are quite a team...

Sounds like you have a good vet. Try not to be too concerned...sounds like your sweet pup is doing just fine. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts