Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kryczek is getting groomed as I type this and since I have never needed a groomer previously. Do I tip as I would a hairdresser? Hope this isn't a dumb question...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I tip in the ten to twenty percent range.

If the service is good, that is!

We once went to a groomer that was awful. I walked in to the shop and he was smoking while grooming my dog. He didn't get a tip!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We always tip them 20% (for a good job) and 10-15 when I have been less than pleased w/the cut (this only happened once :)). I actually tip them better than my own hairdresser...haha...I want to make sure she takes really good care of Dex ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Kryczek's groomer is fantastic and tipped her 20%. I have no idea what the going rate is for grooming, but her fee was $50.00 which I found very reasonable. She listened to me and did exactly what I wanted, which was to not have him shaved to close or look poodle like. She also trimmed his nails (I am awful at that) and plucked his ears (bad at that too).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
though it s customary to tip i have nt always done so :oops: once the
groomer had gone home befor i picked Toby up..the other time was when Petsmart started making you pay first befor picking up the dog..

it just pissed me off for changing things up on me..but, i do tip 20% normally now..doodle s are not the easiest critters to groom.. :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we tip 15 to 20% :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'm taking Chip in next Monday for his first ever grooming. He's 10 months old, and I'm embarrassed to admit the past couple of weeks I've been too busy and now he's a mess. I'm almost embarrassed to take him in. :oops:

How much extra would you pay in this case? I know it's going to take longer than usual and not be a lot of fun because I slipped up.

I told the groomer what the situation is upfront and she still quoted me her going rate. 'Course she hasn't seen him yet. lol I plan to have him shaved down short and just start over. Thank God spring is finally here so I can.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Tink, i felt the same way..Toby was a one big fur ball..i gave the groomer a $10 tip since i was only charged $40 for the entire cut..

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...Gene - I don't think anyone will be coming to your doggy hair salon anytime soon :wink:

Honestly - if they are shaving him, I think it will probably be less work for them :) I would pay what they ask and tip 15-20% :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I tip $10. They spend at least 4 hours with him, and they're soooo good to him. Sometimes I wonder if I should even tip more.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Too bad you don't live close......I can do SHORT!! :wink: :lol:
short :shock: how about more like
naked? surgical prep?
or CLOSE SHAVE for sure........we know Rumor won't be showing
any 5 o'clock shadows for a long time hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(sorry Gene...i owe you big time)

Back to regularly scheduled topic now

OH Tink, i pay $50 but if your dog is matted they charge an extra $10 due to saying it can mean an extra 30min of grooming.
even $60 is a good price.....petsmart charges $65 with NO matts
and the groomers that drive to your own home ...$120 :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts