Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and I have a bit of a bet going on. This morning, at 6 months old, Tyke is about 17" high, and around 29-30lbs. My mom says she isn't goig to grow any more, but I think she has at least one more growth spurt before she is an adult. Her mom and dad were around 21-22 inches and 45-50 lbs (her mom was a little bigger than her dad). Mom is adamant that she isn't going to grow anymore (I think she is afraid she will wake up with a Denver-sized Tyke begging for cookies!) Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'd say she has one more good growth spurt left in her... Sandy is just now starting to stop his height growth and is filling out weight wise... and he is 10 1/2 months.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i have found that around 6mos they slow down in growth and have another small growth spurt in height and weight around 9 to 10mos putting on a half inch to one inch in height
and gradually gaining weight thereafter.

little TYKE will not be a max, jonah or Denver
so your mom can relax hahhaaaa

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I wouldn't mind - just more doodle to love!!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
tykesmom said:
Hey, I wouldn't mind - just more doodle to love!!! :lol:
why not get another doodle and test your mom's love? hahahaa

G

·
I think Tyke still has a little more growing to do. I heard that esp in females there is another growth spurt around 9 mos.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Annmarie - I might have to get YOU to adopt me, Tyke AND the new doodle if I do that!!!!! :lol:

Heather, I think you are probably right. I've heard that pups' size is one of the things they often inherit from their moms, and Tyke's mom was probably about 22-23 inches. Coco, her mom, is the lighter doodle, and her dad Toby is the chocolate one in the pic below:

Other than the color, I think Tyke looks a little more like her dad than her mom!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
tykesmom said:
Hey Annmarie - I might have to get YOU to adopt me, Tyke AND the new doodle if I do that!!!!! :lol:
OK i have an in-law set up here not being used....how much ya willing to pay for room and board? hahaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Annmarie, I thought I might just jump in and be one of the doodles!

Deb, that's about what I'm guessing, but I'll have to remember to post her weight on July 3rd. Of course, her weight could be affected by those shortbread cookies she and my mom have been eating!!! :roll:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd also say that Tyke's going to be around 40 lbs at 1 year.
At 6 months Rowen weighed about the same as Tyke currently does if not a little bit less, and now at almost a year (January 17th!) he weighs 40ish pounds...Tyke is so cute! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is Rowan - I love his beautiful red hair!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BEFORE i get in on this bet.......what did lil TYKE Weigh at 4mos old?
and tyke looks like his dad

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I remember, she weighed in at about 20 pounds. And she was around 15 inches at the shoulder.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I say hmmmmmmmmm hhhahaaaa
Lil TYKE will be 51lbs full grown (after year old)

46lbs at 12mos but if your MOM keeps feeding treats then 50lbs :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts