Labradoodle Forums banner

How many of you got one Doodle and then wanted another?

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  doodleallday 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,
Well, we got beautiful Daisy 3 weeks ago,she is a 5 month old doodle. We happen be apart of a terrific breeders Guardian program here in Oregon. There was one other dog we fell in love with after meeting the breeder and her dogs. At the time we thought she wasn't available because she was supposed to go to another family, however the other family isn't able to take her now....My heart says I want her too!!! 2 Doodles in a short period of time,oh boy. The 2nd dog is a breeze, 2 1/2 years old and a perfect lady....It is a bit of a challenge being that we also have 2 kids under the age of 8 and I have my own business...But boy do I love these dogs....How many of you got a 2nd doodle?Am I crazy ??? :lol:
Sincerely, Carey

#3 ·
Hey, I live in Oregon, too. Corvallis area.

I have 2 doodles! We got Calvin as a pup and his sister came available after about a year. We got her and it has been terrific for us and Calvin. They are littermates but completely different in every way! He is bigger and "labby-er" (is that a word? :roll: ). He is mellow and stubborn. She is sweet, energetic and very poodle-y in her coat. Getting her was a decision we have never regretted. Granted, it is more difficult to get them both out and about and we go through some serious dog food....But I can't imagine our family without them both.

Let us know what happens.
Leslie

#7 ·
want another very badly, as i have never had an "only" dog before and shaia is quite pack-oriented. prefers dogs to people. alas, we have no yard and i have been forbidden by bf. :( but soon, when i have $$ to buy a house with a yard in SF or sprawling land outside the city, i plan to add a second. third. fourth...... :)

#10 ·
Callie will be 8 months old on Saturday, and I would have another doodle to keep her company and love and enjoy in a heartbeat. The only thing that is preventing it is the landlord :? . They had reservations enough about one doodle, and I know that two would be absolutely out of the question.

Well, surely I won't have to rent forever!

#11 ·
Guilty as charged....when Max was 7mos old we brought home Peanut our 2nd doodle who was only 9weeks old hahhhaa then a 3rd doodle

talk about loving doodles! :D

#13 ·
Yes, definately a disease... doodlitis... I think it's been called here on the forum?

After having Lucas for about 2 months, we decided we wanted another.

Lucas is now 9 months and we just got Della this past weekend who is 3 months! It's awesome! Some things are more work... walking 2 dogs, carrying 2 bags of poo, scooping 2 dogs worth of poo in the backyard, sweeping 2 dogs worth of dirt and stuff in the house, training 2 dogs... and my favorite, kissing 2 dogs... that's alot of kisses in a day... but they really enjoy each other and wear each other out better than we can wear one out on our own... which makes it easier on us!

#16 ·
I did a ton of research, and though we'd planned on getting an F1b Labradoodle, we just couldn't wait any longer for one to be born in our area, so we got Wrigley, who is a F1b Goldendoodle. I'm really enjoying him, and still feel that by not getting a Labradoodle I have not yet scratched that itch. I don't know if I could convince my husband that we should get another dog, especially since we have 2 school-age kids, but I'd really like a friend for Wrigley.

However, if we ever do, I will definitely NOT get a young puppy. I have found that since I got my last dog, when I was 22, I just don't have the patience or energy for all the chewing, nipping, eating off the table, etc.. that comes along w/the puppy stuff. I'd like an older puppy (1 -2 yrs or more).

#18 ·
We too have just added our second Doodle, Toby. We got him two weeks ago as a rehome. He is a year old and Duke is 1.5 years old. They are getting along very well and having a great time together.

As the picture will attest -- Toby has made himself right at home!

Joe, Duke and Toby

#19 ·
Oh my Gosh...I love seeing all of these Dood's....My DH actually really liked the dog that I am looking at to bring in as our second dog. Sh :D e was at the breeders home when we picked up our puppy Daisy.....But he also thinks I am a bit out of my mind. If being in love with beautiful amazing animals who love you to pieces means I am out of my mind then so be it...Your goldendoodle looks just like out Aussie Doodle!!!! Cheers Everyone

#20 ·
We live in Oregon too!! Southern part in Myrtle Creek...south of Roseburg...we got Bubba as a puppy....one day on a whim I went on Craig list and found Cosette in Eugene and adopted her...it was a great decision...they are the best of friends and play continuously...Bubba is a year and a half old and Cosette is two...We have two other dogs...Pepper...16 year old pointer and Forrest Gump...our 7 year old red tick coonhound....

#21 ·
We have two too! We got Manchego at 3 mos and then Brie his sister from the same litter came up for adoption at 8 mos. All though they have their moments (apparently Manchie just tried to start a fight w/ Brie in the elevator :shock: ) they do LOVE each other and get very lonely when the other isn't around. The only challenge for me is training them both to walk w/out pulling. If one is walking great the other is pulling. But I think they will get over this with time. I would never go back to a single doodle house!

:)
Sarah

#23 ·
Libby Lu is only 6 months old, she is my first dog ever and I already want another doodle! In fact I wish like crazy I could pick out one from Tinkerdoodle's litter! :( I rent, too, though and it's incredibly hard to find a place that will let me have a dog and a cat, i can't even imagine trying to find a place that will allow 2 dogs and a cat!
maybe someday...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.