Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 pomeranian and we got our Labradoodle Olive at the end of June.
My husband would like another, Olive is going to be on the small side and he wants a standard, that sounds like a lot of fun but it's also alot of dog's. :shock:
I was just wondering what others thought and how many dog's all of you have?
Thanks everyone for any useful advice or comments. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
We have three ! A fifteen year old benji look-alike, and 3 year old doodle siblings Lizzie and Louie. The doods came to us as 2 year olds. We also have granddog Shelby who spends most days at our house while my daughter is at work. She is a 100 + lb rottie mix ! It is chaos at our house sometimes, but I would not change a thing ! They all have very different personalities, but get along great. They really keep each other company, and established a pecking order very fast. I may never have a clean house again, but our house is full of love and laughs 24/7 !

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have two. Ginny our doodle and Logan our Great Dane. Logan is 6 and Ginny is 1. We thought they would be good company and that a young dog might inspire our sedentary Dane to move more (and Ginny does inspire more activity in Logan than he had before she arrived), but he isn't great company for her. I would love to get another dog that she can play with, but I don't know that we can handle another or if Logan will tolerate yet another sibling. So, that's not much of an answer. I'm up in the air on the subject as well.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have a 15 month old standard poodle male named Moses' ; 2 adult lab females named Montana and Canada; and Canada and Moses' 14 day old litter of a dozen baby doodles. So 15 right now ;)

Plus one tuxedo cat named Sebastian that hubby rescued. He tolerates the dogs very well but obviously sees himself as far above them. He and Moses will eat togther and have been seen cuddling in their sleep.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
One ten month old whirling dervish of a doodle and one really p(&#^d off cat!

·
Registered
57 Posts
one miniature shnauzer named lily, one standard labradoodle named Coco, two siamese cats named Chandler and Bingo, and I think that one of my brother's wants a puppy, but I'm not sure...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I only have 1 doodle. That's all I need right now. We do "sit" for friends' dogs from time to time, and we have "Pond weekends" where our friends come with their dogs and every one plays together (dogs not people). That's 5-8 dogs on any given weekend, so I think that's enough for me!

We travel a lot, too, so one is enough to bring along. (We go see family "back home") My daughter's cats would have a cow if I brought 2 dogs. One gives them a heart attack!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
We've got two dogs....1 doodle named Raleigh 11 mos.old, and 1 chocolate lab named Molly, 4 yrs.old...and 1 cockatiel named Purdue...15 yrs old!! :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
wow I didn't realize everyone had so many animals :)

We have 2 doodles - a 14 month F1B labradoodle and a 15 month F1 Setterdoodle.

Gene - cute new avitar!

G

·
One 4.5 month puppy and one 9 year old cat. Cat is still deciding if she is going to like the puppy. So far the answer is no.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
We have one 15mo old Labradoodle, Max, his half sister a 10mo old Goldendoodle , Peanut....... 3 fishtanks ( 90, 60, 50 gal) and i have been known to "foster" and also "dogsit" for NOW 2 doodles is enough
(though I will dog sit one night a week starting next month for a goldendoodle puppy)

OH does my neighbor's cat WHO USED to visit me now stalks my doodles along the property line count? hahhahaa He does visit when he knows our doodles are inside.
MOOKY hates dogs and so far hasn't been able to reach far enough to swat them. He's also too fat to chase them. and surprisingly Max and peanut look at mooky, then each other and always walk away hahhahaaaaaaaaaaa (whew!)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
just one Labbydoodle - Annabelle 16 months, would love another one

Have had 2 dogs before and it was not a problem. Have had the kids 2 dogs here with mine and it's not a problem to me, I'd have at least one more if I could talk DH into it :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I worry that Lucy will smuther me during my sleep.
Vanessa ... I know someday Scully the Cat will figure it all out (she'll probably pm Lucy and tell her how)!

It is comforting to know that many on this post have doodle hating cats ... except for Sue with her nine!

"All I want to do is play with her ... is that so bad?" Ebbe :(

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
It is comforting to know that many on this post have doodle hating cats ... except for Sue with her nine!
If you took a poll at my house and asked the nine cats whether they are Doodle haters, here is how that plays out.
One cat would vote that Denver should be thrown out on his ear.
One cat would go with Denver if he was thrown out on his ear.
7 cats would vote that he is not so bad and they would not throw him out on his ear. so out of nine there is one Doodle hater.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts