Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine sleep for about 1 to 2 hours in the mid day. And at 8ish they fall asleep for about a hour. Then it is outside to pee and then to bed around 10ish. I don't know if that sounds like 2 much sleep. But I was wonder how long do your doodles sleep?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie is pretty lazy. I think all totaled during the day she sleeps 2-4 hours. Mostly in the morning though. Then, around 9 p.m. she's ready for bed but we get her back up at 10 p.m. for her final pee.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure during the day as we're not around. When we get home at night he's frisky for an hour, then sleepy for an hour, then he revs back up for a bit and gets sleepy again around 830/9. Then we take him for a walk to tire him out a bit more before he goes into his kennel for sleepy time.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I was home for a month last month and i was surprised that the doods slept most of the day. We still did our usual exercise in the morning to keep the routine and they slept about 6 hs or the 8 h they would normally be in their crate.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie "rests" during the day but doesn't do a deep sleep. He might lay quietlly near where I'm working but as soon as I move an inch, he is up and following me. When I'm not attending to him, he is either resting or chewing. :D

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Well...we found out by taping them that while we're at work, they pretty much sleep the whole time :) So they are sleeping from ~7:30am to 5 pm...then they are active until around 8 pm and are asleep again...until basically 6 am...haha...tough life

on the weekend we are more active during the day so they sleep less. It seems if we're not there, they just sleep. There is definitely more sleep with 2 doodles and after they are ~1.5 yrs old.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lazy somedays, Crazy the others. However, the lazy days usually come after the days that we were out playing the entire day. He does have two little boys to keep him going :lol:

However, both my boys AND myself nap everyday so he now has figured out our rhythm and comes in the room to join us. We are all deep sleeping in the afternoon for 2hrs or so.

Michele

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner goes to daycare usually Monday, Wed, Fri...on those days he is up at 5:30....daycare 7-4 (I know he naps there a they have shown me pictures)
on those days he sleeps 4:30 to 5:30 When I get home and he is refreshed...so we can play. Dozes 8-9...sleep for the night 10 - 5:30 AM

Days following daycare he sleeps all day.......wakes to eat and go out to do his necessary..but catches up on his sleep.

Weekends he sleeps about 50% of the time.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver sleeps off and on most of the day.
I get home around 3:30 and he is awake till about
8 pm and then he is ready for bed........
Totally different on the weekend or If I am home with
him, because then we are off together and he stays awake ....................

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max and Peanut take a 2hour nap daily sometimes one hour in morning and then again one hour in afternoon

depends on activity level but sometimes they'll also take a short nap again at night and go to bed when i do

now if i have to crate them when i leave the house they sleep the whole time

·
Registered
247 Posts
i think dogs' natural cycle is bursts of energy in AM & PM with sleeping in between. certainly shaia has more energy then my previous dogs - incl the choco lab! i take her to the park for 30 minutes AM, then she'll nap on and off til 4pm when i take her on a 3-4 mile walk, then she'll nap on and off in the evening til bed at 11. she wakes up at 8am. if i don't adhere to this schedule, well, there's no napping - she's climbing the walls and pacing :)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad mine are normal. The past day or so they are sleeping more but they are playing more in the heat. So I thought it is ok. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is one thing that I love about my doodles. They are amazing in the house. I work from home so they know that unless I engage them in play that they generally will sleep and rarely play with each other.

They get up at 6am and go for a 20-30 min walk then at 8:30am they go for another walk which varies from 10-45 min but is usually on the short side then again at 1:30pm they go for a 30 min to 1 hr walk and then off to the park at 5pm for a minimum of 1 hour off-leash time.

When they are home between their activities they are either sleeping or eating or laying around pretending to sleep. They are also great when I bring them to other people's houses. They will generally lay down where we tell them to and relax.

:)
Sarah

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can only comment on when at home

Molly sleeps from 10:30pm to about 8am, then from 12:30pm -1:30pm then has a little doze at about 3 ish, then again at 7pm then its final bed time agen at 10-10:30

lots of little sleeps through the day

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Mine Sleep from 10:30pm to 6am...they wake, potty, eat, we go for a walk, and then back to sleep from 10am-4pm, then zoomies, then dinner, fetch in the backyard ( this is much less now, they get HOT) they are usually mostly up for the rest of the night, then they have their night time walk around 9pm... bed at 10:30pm

They SLEEP ALOT!!! But when they are UP... they make it count!

Definately sleep more after and an ALL DAY, DAY! Like, the lake, or day camp...

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bogie still sleeps a lot, maybe it's because I keep him so active??

The circadian cycle sets in at dusk.......he pretty much heads for a quiet place or his crate and zonks out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bring Wrigley to work with me occasionally. I felt bad leaving him while I was gone (about 8:30-2:20) but didn't feel so bad after a few times - all he does is lay around & sleep. He follows me around a little, but for the most part, he just sleeps. Even when I bring toys, which he loves to play with, he just lays around doing nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts