Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey is 11 weeks old.
I've read that exercise for puppy is good, but too much exercise is not good for them.

So, can anyone tell me, or refer me to a chart that shows ABOUT the proper amount of exercise. At this age, and future age, is there any recommendation on distance or length of time to go for a walk. The exercise should be good for her (and me) but I don't want to overdo it.

We've been loose leash walking in the yard and she (and I) are getting the hang of it. However, it seems the walk could be more enjoyable for both of us if we'd leave the yard and walk in the street (on leash of course) in our neighborhood.

Thanks for any help you can give.
There's a wealth of info from everyone on this forum and I appreciate it.

G

·
I didn't take Boyd on walks in the neighborhood until he had all of his shots.

At around 16 weeks we started doing 10 minute walks and now we're up to 25+ minutes (he's 7 months now). I think at 11 weeks the yard walks plus some good rounds of fetch (inside and outside) are enough. They poop out easily at that age. Enjoy it while you can!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
we took my dog for a short wwalk when he was a puppy an das he got older we took him for longer and longer walks. When there a puppy i wouldnt go more than a 1/2 mile when there really little but as they geett oolder they can go on really long walks. :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello ZMan, I agree with LAM that you should keep the walks confined to the yard for now. Although your pup has had 2 of his 4 puppy shots, he will not be fully immuned to Parvo until he has received all 4 of his puppy shots. So, just be careful of where you take your puppy during the first 16 wks of his life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts