Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a bit of leash training today as usual, and decided today was the day to teach Mottna the "down" command. She must have been watching my 6yr old Kelpie because I only told her once and she went straight down and stayed, without hesitation!!! I was amazed! What a smart girl!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe pups can learn by example. We have an electric fence for Fred--oru Doodle--but haven't started training Betty on it yet. She is an about 5 month old, 13 pound Puerto Rican rescue dog-- part daschund, etc. We just bought her a collar for the fence, knowing she needs to learn to say in the yard, but just yesterday a neighbor walked by with her dogs and we were amazed to see Betty staying behind the line right along with Fred.
We have a double wide lot, so the dogs can follow walkers (from behind that electric line) for a rather long distance--but she stayed right where she should have been. It gives me hope that she will be extra easy to train on her boundaries.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's fantastic! Teaching boundries can be very time consuming. It's very tempting for the dogs (especially when young) to control themselves from running after cars, bikes, people etc. I'm very happy that all is going well with your 'training. They really do learn by example!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts