Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found the breeder I want to get my doodle from. Im getting a Australian multi-generation labradoodle. Both of the parents / parents come from Tegan Park in Australia. My question is this. The litter my puppy is coming from was born last month. I just found out that one of the 10 puppies has a hair coat. I really thought that you couldnt get a hair coat with the multi-gens. Im just getting a little nervous now cause Im worried about the quality. She seems to be a real good breeder and goes by the LAA breeding guidelines. She says she has never had a litter before where a puppy comes out with a hair coat. So is it really common and ok for this to happen. Im paying $2600 for my baby and I went with the Australian Multi-gens for the very reason I wanted a good coat. Has anyone else heard of a hair coat coming out of a Australian Multi-gen little before? And if so should I worry about the quality of my puppies coat? She says the rest of the litter all has fleece and wool coats.....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello and welcome :) This can and does happen in multi-gen litters. This is not an indication of quality in the litter. If you have checked out her references and talked to the breeder and find her knowledgeable in the breed, if she does health testing, then I wouldn't worry about the litter having one pup with a hair coat. What generation multi-gen is the litter?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree with Diane, it is possible to have any of the genetic background crop up in a puppy...your chances are less with a multigen, but it is impossible to control. Still, if you don't want a hair coat, then make that clear to your breeder and if they don't have a different one for you, I'd find another puppy/breeder...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts