Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie went to the vet today and weighed in at 30 pounds. She is just over 4 months. I recall reading somewhere on this forum about a forumula that you can use to figure out the adult weight. I can't find it in the archives - does anyone remember what it was?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Jannie--she is a doll! I read on this forum that you can take the 4 month weight, double it and add 5-10 pounds. Last Saturday, (one week shy of 4 months), Dakota weighed 28 pounds. I'm aticipating he will be 30-32 at 4 months, and I'm guessing his adult weight will be 70-75 pounds. Sounds like your little one will be about that too--'course body chemistry can change. I'm also assuming that 4 months is 4 months and not 16 weeks. for Dakota, 4 months is 17 weeks . . .

·
Registered
269 Posts
I believe it is weight at 4 months x 2 and add 5-10 lbs... looks like she is going to be about 65-70 lbs! :D

How big are her parents? how much did she weigh at 3 months? (personally curious... Sammy weighs 18lbs at 3 months, mom is 55lbs, dad 75lbs... we are thinking 60-65 for her?)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadie was 17 pounds at 12 weeks so she and Sammy will probably be around the same size. I met Sadie's Mom and she didn't look that big. I'm not sure what she weighs but I could find out. The breeder thinks Sadie will end up around 50 pounds - but I'm thinkin' bigger . . . . not that it matters.

I believe Gunner and Coal are both Sadie's age. Are they around the same size? bigger?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Jannie,
Coal weighed in at 29.6 at his 17 week (1 day short of 4 month) appointment. They seem to be running neck and neck! I am thinking Coal will end up in the 60lb range but my mom asked her vet about that formula where you double the weight and add 5-10 and the vet said that isn't a reliable predictor so we will all just have to wait and see what these doodles do! We'll love um big or small!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey, Hey, Hey, Gunner is a big ole boy! He weighed 35 pounds this week. I predicted he would be about 60-65 pounds, but I think I am wrong. His mom weighed 55 pounds and Dad 65 pounds. He averages 2 pounds a week. I can't wait to see how big he will be, but I am nervous also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Boone went in to the vet to get his weight checked and a new dose of wormer. He's just turned 5 months a few days ago, and he's 41.5lbs. He's a bit guy. I hope he tops out around 50 or 60 but I doubt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts