Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunkin is a mini labradoodle about to be 5 months old. He weighs 19lbs. His mom weighs 21lbs and is dad (currently still growing) weighs 20lbs. Any experienced dog owners want to share their estimated guess on how big he will be? At what age do labradoodles reach full grown?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well I don't have much experience with the mini's but usually going by Mom an Dad is a pretty good idea usually I've notice with mine that by 9 moths to 1 year they will be their height but may still fill out some until about 18 months of age but hay I'm no expert I will admit that for sure. :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not sure how accurate it is, but some people think that if you double their weight at 5 months and add 5-10 lbs that you will have a good estimate.
That would put Dunkin at about 45-50lbs.

but... that would be for a standard and Dunkin is a mini so I am not sure that will work. I would definitley say though that it sounds like he will be bigger than his parents! maybe 30-35?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Egads! Kelly!!! That would mean that my Rosie will be over 100 lbs! Say it ain't so!!!
Here's to hoping that this is not correct! :shock:
I guess that it is time to teach her that she is NOT a lap-dog! :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
*sigh* not much. :wink:
But thanks for trying!! :lol:
No, really, I love her so much I wouldn't care if she was as big as a house...and she may well be!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Rosie is only 5 months old and she is 50 lbs! But she is stunning! It is just hard to remember that she is still a puppy...she seems so mature and so full grown...then I see her acting like a pup and remember...she is still just a baby. (She just lost her baby teeth a week or two ago!)

Since I don't know how to post pics on this forum, here is a link to some pics of Miss Rosie, our (quickly growing ) Goldendoodle!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... UE&notag=1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our Astro is 91 lbs...

...at least he was 3 weeks ago - he thinks that he's a lap dog - he likes to jump on the sofa and sit next to you - he'll be 1 year-old on April 1 - and to think our breeder told us 55 to 65 lbs at full maturity...ugh! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts