Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just weighed Chewey and she's almost 40 pounds! Am I going to have a 100 pound dog?

This scares me!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver is almost ten months old and 90lb BUT he was almost 60 lbs at six months so yours might not get as big :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
max was 35lbs at 16 wks old...he's now 8mos and only 55-60lbs and 24in tall. He's on the smaller side of most labradoodles.

I know max slowed right down at 6mos of age. Others say at 9mos old they slow down..

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter was 60 lbs at 6 months :shock: I was concerned that we too would have a 100 lb dog. However, at 7 months he was still 60 lbs and we just weighed him last night (he's almost 8 months) and he's about 63 lbs.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon slowed down her growth at 7 months. She weighed 46lbs at 6 months and weighed 58 at 1 year. She now weighs 62lbs at 2yrs, but I expect her to lose a few pounds as she gets out and starts swimming every week when the weather warms. She was kind of couped up while it was so cold with the ice and then her knee injury. She gained 2 pounds during that time.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok just weighed PEANUT earlier today....she is 23lbs at 15 weeks though she now has monstorous paws :shock:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wow, I thought Coco was going to be big!!!

Wow, I thought Coco was going to be big!! Reading how bigsome of your doodles are....at 4 months old, makes me think Coco is going to be on the small side.

She was weighed today at the vet's office.....in three weeks she has gained 9.6 pounds. She now weighs 26.6 pounds
and is older than I thought...
we counted up the weeks to be sure and she is 17 1/2 weeks old....or by Saturday she will be 4 1/2 months old!!!! Unbelievable!! :eek: !!

So is she a shrimp to be a standard size, as opposed to the medium and the mini.....????????????? :shock: :?: :!:

I don't care what she is.....she is beautiful and not-so-big is fine with me!!
I am just surprised to learn she is older and smaller than I thought.

Have a good night!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, I guess I am absolutely nuts!!!! Coco is compaable in size to Chewey and Peanut.....I didn't read the title right....40 pounds a 6 months old could easily be what Coco will be in another month and a half.
Sorry, I wonder sometimes if I am losing my mind.

Oh........, and this doesn't really go in this category.....but I talked to Coco's breeder today and she said that doodles don't really "blow" their puppy coat. And they generally don't change in appearance as they become adults. Does anyone agree with that? Our breeder is mostly a German Shepherd breeder.....this was her first litter of F1B's.
Thanks for any responses.....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OBVIOUSLY your BREEDER doesn't have a doodle in her house! she just breeds them. I am not being uppity, rather pointing something out. Also if you don't have one how would you know. :)

IF you go thru previous posts or do a search on puppy coats...OMG you will find tons of postings and replies on this subject!!!

Max started at 6mos to blow puppy fur. he recently (thank heavens too) slowed down tremendously he's 9mos old next week.
Gene too went thru thistoo with Jonah.

Sweeping daily really helps as does brushing them for a few minutes a day. It also doesn't clog your vacuum then :wink: Seems that doodles that have more of a hair coat, wavy yet coarser textured shed a bit more.
From what i hear F1B's are more of the poodle coat and thus do not shed, rather you clip them as groomingis harder and coats can mat.

My own breeder tries to call other people to find out more on her doodles so she can learn. We became friends and i share what goes on with Max.
Which i think is fantastic, it helps her in breeding a more optimal coat, can tell future doodle parents better 1sthand info and so on

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Yes, I have thought my breeder isn't too familiar with Doodles. she has three, Coco's Mom and an older male and the last pup from Coco's litter.
She will learn if she keeps the pup. Her shepherds are gorgeous and many have become police dogs, service dogs of all sorts....she trains them for people....they have a nice outfit going on....she just is new to Doodles.....I have read some on this forum about the shedding of the puppy coat, so I figured she was just wrong about that.

When I brush Coco only a little fuzz is in the brush.....Did I ask how old they are when they start this.....I will read later on more on the subject at this site.
thanks,
Coco's Mom,

·
Registered
3 Posts
StephR said:
I just weighed Chewey and she's almost 40 pounds! Am I going to have a 100 pound dog?

This scares me!
I wouldn't worry too much. When Toby was seven months old, he weighed 80 pounds! He topped out (we hope) at about 115, and the vet would like to see him get back down to 105.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
[quote
I wouldn't worry too much. When Toby was seven months old, he weighed 80 pounds! He topped out (we hope) at about 115, and the vet would like to see him get back down to 105.[/quote]

OMG that's huge!! i believe you have the biggest doodle to-date on this forum?? hahahhahhaa whole lotta love you got there :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
We do have pictures, but I'm embarassed to admit that I couldn't figure out how to upload them.

Toby's getting groomed on Friday, for the first time since September, so we're going to take Before and After pictures of him then. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post those.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
if you upload some of your photos to the link below and then click on the IMG choice under your newly uploaded photo it will say copying....and you can go to the labradoodle forum and paste it into a post....

at least, that is how I think you do it..........
i can never find the photo page at this site though....
don't be embarrassed it took me forever to figure all this out...even how to navigate around this forum!! :shock: I am technology challenged for sure!! My kids are better at it than I am....and Coco is pretty intent on watching what I am doing sometimes, scares me to think she may get it before I do!!
http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Tboy's parents....when you put pictureson photobucket...you will see 3 boxes of code under each picture. now keep this window open and also open up the forum hitting reply ok?

next highlight the code that has the IMG you can do control c
then go to the reply forum window and hit control v

then click preview if you want to see if it worked and then submit.

Don't worry if you don;t get it right the 1st time, many of us didn't and got help. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts