Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - we have a 13 lb mini labradoodle (picture of her below :)) who just turned 1 year old in November! Last week, she was experiencing diarrhea first thing in the morning for a few days in a row so since then she's been on a chicken and rice diet. It's been helping as she's been having more normal poops in the last couple of days! I'm considering transitioning her to a homemade diet now. I've been doing some basic research and have got some ideas from 2 Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes and Chicken and Sweet Potato Instant Pot Dog Food - The Produce Moms. I understand from the former article that I should be feeding her ~5 oz per day (.625 cups) of homemade food. Does that sound right? Previously she was getting 1 cup of kibble per day. For reference, she was eating ORIJEN Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Dog Food and she was not really too fond of it. In this post Home Made Dog Food it was mentioned that Canidae dry food can be a good option for labradoodles so was curious if anyone would suggest a specific variety of this brand for mini labradoodles, as I'm thinking it will be good to have some kibble in the mix as well to ensure she gets all the nutrients she needs (I'm also thinking to add some Grizzly Omega Health Omega-3 Dog & Cat Supplement in too). So basically just looking for any advice I can get here as I'm a novice to homemade food. Main thing I'm wondering is ratios - how much homemade food to kibble? Does .625 cups per day sound like the right amount? Any other supplements to add in beyond omega-3? Appreciate any help and insights you all can provide!

Christmas tree Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore

1 - 1 of 1 Posts