Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Coal was groomed today. As you who have gotten your doodles groomed know, they look so different when they come back that it's hard to say how you feel about the cut. Anyway, see what y'all think about how Coal looks. Any recommendations as to what looks like it may not be just right?? The groomer had never done a labradoodle so I brought printouts from that site that Kelly left a link to (thank you Kelly). The groomer appreciated it. I like that I can see his eyes but are around his eyes cut a little short (especially right between)?? She cut him shorter than I had asked but I guess that isn't all bad as he feels great and the weather is already in the 80s in Phoenix. It won't be long until this black doodle is going to wish he were hairless!! Give me your opinions....honestly! Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think he looks handsome. Your groomer looks as if he/she has made a few slips with the scissors though (mustach). That'll grow in sooner than you know it and you won't be able to tell. Coal looks like he appreciates his cut...especially if you live in AZ!

·
Registered
33 Posts
IMO I wouldn't mess with it (up to you though). The cut looks pretty short, if you decided to clip it, he may not end up with that cute mustach anymore, lol. :wink: It'll grow out very quickly. Still, he's a very handsome guy. Now that you know what to expect from your groomer, the next time you bring him in...you can be specific on what you DON'T want done. It might help if you bring these pics with you so that you can refresh his memory. Personally, I think he did a great job on his body and head. Again, personally, I don't like it as close of a shave between the eyes but, for a first time clipping a doodle.....they did great.

You've got a beautiful boy!

G

·
Well, shoot, I had not even noticed the mustache! And, I thought the shaved part between his eyes was just a shorter clip...didn't realize it was shaved...but nonetheless, of all the groom jobs I have seen, this is a good one!
Besides, how can anyone go wrong when they show more of cute little Coal? He is so adorable!
Jac

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Stacy, he is sooooo cute and I love the groom job :) I think you lucked out with your first grooming experience. I've heard some horror stories. Coal is just the CUTEST :)

G

·
I love it! I think he looks very distinguished and very much like a doodle. The mustache is a little choppy.....I guess Coal was perfectly still? :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Coal looks great, but I know what you mean. When Sawyer comes back from the groomer with that "freshly coiffed" look I am not sure how I feel. I sometimes feel that way after I get my hair done, you know, like it somehow doesn't look like me so I have to do it over again myself and make it my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts