Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cinnamon hasn't ben herself this morning - no running on our daily walk (we "walk" in the field behind the house - I walk, she runs) and no trying to jump on Dad's lap at breakfast. She wants to, but can't. She was playing on the stairs last evening and was acting fine until this morning. When I got up I almost stepped on her, which is strange because she is always on her bed or spawled out off of her bed, but never on my side of my bed on the floor. After our walk, I was drying her feet and touched her right hind leg and she yelped. Now I'm scared! I called the vet and of course, the line is busy. Any ideas before I go nuts?

Oh by the way, I've cancelled my day's activities. That way I can stay with her and get her to the vet ASAP.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
im so sorry she isnt feeling well

Stairs ,slippery floor, jumping up and down on furniture or beds
can all put stress on the bones and joints as a dog is growing
something that will help 1 Pure asprin (not tylenol) 2 times a day
limit excersise and get the NUJOINT vitamins
https://www.nuvetlabs.com/order/default ... 0%20%20%20
This stuff works
i had a lady come pickup a pup, she had purchased the Nujoint vitamins for her older Labrador that had HD she said within 2weeks time he was jumping and playin like a pup again
Hope this helps
Nancy

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a hold of the vet's office. She's got an appointment for 2:45 this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

Cinnamon is 2 yrs old. I had a dog that was on glucosamine once, and I'm not above doing it again.

G

·
Cinsmom,
Try not to worry. It sounds like she just injured her foot or leg somehow. I really doubt it is hip dysplasia. It is more likely to be a pulled muscle or maybe a thorn stuck in her foot? I bet she will be good as new in a few short days. Good Luck at the vet. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda said:
Cinsmom,
Try not to worry. It sounds like she just injured her foot or leg somehow. I really doubt it is hip dysplasia. It is more likely to be a pulled muscle or maybe a thorn stuck in her foot? I bet she will be good as new in a few short days. Good Luck at the vet. Keep us posted!
i agree with Linda...maybe there's a splinter in her paw? or she just pulled a muscle...LET us know what the vet says.

Last week Max was sore for 24hours after playing RAMBO with peanut and banging himself into the wrought iron legs of my cofee table 2 times. :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Cinsmom said:
Got a hold of the vet's office. She's got an appointment for 2:45 this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

Cinnamon is 2 yrs old. I had a dog that was on glucosamine once, and I'm not above doing it again.
Hope everything went well at the vet. My old cocker in his later years was on glucosamine....a miracle worker it is!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
Just got in from the vets. Cinnamon stretched the ligaments in her right knee. They aren't torn, just pulled. She is to stay off of it as much as possible - no long walks or runs, no stairs. Vet says she should begin to be like her old self in a couple of days but she wants to see her again in a couple of weeks. In the mean time we have some anti inflammatories for her for a few days.

The hard part is going to be when she feels better and gives me those doodle eyes wanting to go out and play! She won't understand why we're not going to go walking for a couple of weeks. I'm sure she'll forgive me, but it will be hard.

I didn't think it was HD, but I was afraid it was something really serious, like she popped a hip out or something. The scary part was when I touched her right hip and she yelped. Her hip is fine, she must have turned her knee when I touched her and I thought it was her hip. Whew!

G

·
Good news! Just make sure to give the anti infllammatory meds with food. Bella had a problem where she was threw up blood and I was afraid it was from the anti inflammatory meds.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cinnamon is feeling better this morning. We haven't let her jump up on anything, and she really hasn't tried, but she's a lot more active this morning. She laid around a lot yesterday, but this morning she's back to barking at whatever she thinks is out there, which could be something, but who knows what! Pray for me!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Happy to here cinnamon is almost back to normal again!!!
glad everything is going to be a okay :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that Cinnamon has stretched ligaments, I don't mean that in a mean way but we know that she will be back to normal in a couple of weeks. I was so worried when you said she yelped when you touched her hip, of course, the first thing I thought of was hip dysplacia. So, yes, stretched ligaments we can live with :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, now this morning she wants to jump on Dad at breakfast. Her normal routine. Now the hard part begins, keeping her on the floor and no running, jumping, no following me up and down stairs, and this weekend we watch a friends dog (Sarah), whom she loves to play with. It's not going to be easy! But I'm SO glad she's feeling better! We always feel bad when our "kids" are not themselves.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm so happy she's better! You're right, the fun(?) begins now trying to keep her calm. It's one of the times you really wish they understood what you're saying! :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts