Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Dex and Kirby to a state park near us for a hike today. It went pretty well. Here are some photos...

best one of the 2 of them (it was impossible to get them to sit down together and look at the camera today)...

Kirby tangled around a tree :)

Shot of me and Dex (there is a boardwalk over a marshy area in the middle of the park)...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow, it looks like it was a beautiful day for a hike. Great pictures!

What kind of harnesses do you have on Kirby and Dexter?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of harnesses do you have on Kirby and Dexter?
It's the EZ walk harness. It works pretty well - better on Dex who doesn't pull as much. I am thinking of trying the EZ leader for Kirby (the one that goes over the nose)...we'll see.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea, what kind of harness is that? Striker has a fatty tumor in the almost, what I guess would be his front armpit? It the hairless-ish area on labs. We think it get agitated when we walk him because he's wearing what I'm going to call a "normal" harness- the one where you have to put the head through and then one paw through and snap, but it rubs right at his armpit. But Striker never learned how to walk on just his collar, so he has to use a harness- he sounds like a dying dog when he's walked on his collar. But.... go figure, he walks best off leash. :D

So, does that harness rub right at their front legs, so I can offer another way to harness him?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kirby wrapped around the tree is too funny! :lol: He has the same look on his face as Angel does when she gets stuck onto something..."Hey, I need help here". Always with a "smile" on her face. He has like the same kind of Happy-Go-Lucky face as Angel.

Looks like a great time for you all! The gentle leader works wonders for us!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like a fun day. Doodles sure do make us happy. Same here with the gentle leader. Sometimes he will not pull if I say "mommy will have to use the leader". Then if I have to put it on him, I don't even fasten the leash to it unless he gets wild. But usaully he does good by just putting it on him.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leslie looks like all of you had a really nice time today :D :D :D

Glad that you are able to take kirby out along with Dexter for a hike now, must feel so good
keep the pics coming.......and thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
The joys of 2 on a leash! :lol: We had a couple of "incidents" Of Jonah and Miko choosing different sides of trees and posts. I just stopped and made them figure it out! :wink:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
GREAT pictures! They look like best buds already!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow Vanessa! What beautiful country!!!! And great pic of you and the dogs!! Thanks!!! :D :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...those are beautiful photos. What great scenery! Thanks for sharing :)

what mountains are in the background? I haven't been in that area much...i went to Vegas and the Grand Canyon when I was younger...we tend to go all the way to CA when we visit the Western US...I'd love to get out to other areas there someday :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
it's a tie between doodles and scenery!! :D

that's what's neat about posting pics...you get a doodle fix and also view other areas of the country normally you dont' get to see :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
you get a doodle fix and also view other areas of the country normally you dont' get to see
And it makes one wish you could pack up the doodle and GO! :D

Terrific pictures of all the cuties and their adventures! As I said on another post it must have been a beautiful weekend all over the country as we all seem to have spent quality time in the great outdoors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts