Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim and I went hiking in the Wasatch Mountains this morning with my daughter and her fiance. Dogs include, McCool (adopted research lab), Jet Jackson (rescued dachund mix) and Tanner. It was really cold and we had to turn around when we couldn't keep the ice balls out of their paws.

Tanner had on his snow boots but with all the jumping and chasing in the snow, he could not keep them on so he had to tough it barefoot. I will post some of the scenery pics when I get my 35mm CD back.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Annie! That first one of Tanner should be on a Christmas card!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow, that first pic of Tanner and the scenery is awesome!! that one could go in a frame.

and brrrrr it does look real cold!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was very cold........and it was early, before sun was up over the mountains (it was daylight but we were in the middle of some very high mountains). That was 24hrs ago and Tanner is still exhausted, sound asleep with his head in my lap. I can't wait to take him again :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
The photos are impressive! It's fun looking at snow pictures, but that kind of weather is much too cold for me!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are trying to soak up the snow while we are here because as soon as we move to South Carolina I am sure we will miss it.

The downside of the snow and cold is that our furnace went out yesterday and the repair person can't schedule us until tomorrow. My son's refrigerator died and the delivery people can't get up Big Cottonwood Canyon and down their lane with the new one.....The joys of winter :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great Pics. Such a beautiful area. I love the white one with Tanner. Remarkable scenery.

It was very cold
So what is very cold in your part of Utah? Pretty darn cold I bet. Tommorow's low here in Madison will be out first single digit low of the year.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, we are not in single digits yet...not until Jan. or Feb. We were in the low 20's or high teens. Not as cold as your area and we are dry...very little humidity.

We were dressed well...we all ski etc so have lots of cold weather gear. We were warm but the little dachund's belly and feet grew iceballs. Tanner made iceballs in the center of his paw, as well. I am going to put a gob of mush wax in there next time and we see how that works. Like I said, the dog boots went flying the first 15 seconds.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annie aren't you going to miss that winter wonderland when you move to SC?

I love those photos and look forward to more scenery ones when you get them ready

1 - 14 of 14 Posts