Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems this forum is Famous for starting ONE Topic and ending on another at least 90% of the time.

So I go to thinking,why not have a little fun HIJACKING on purpose this time.
MEANING, I'LL start a topic and we'll TRY to stay on topic going naturally along with our comments which end up being about something else.

HERE"S the Twist...Try to stay on the original topic if you can but you can use HUMOR to confuse others and make them GO OFF topic

Winner gets a prize but i ain't sayin what it iz! hahhahahahaa heh heh heh

I'll start this off with:

Doodles are smart right?
okay my MAX IS hahahaa he isn't as purrfect as Denver but he's good as gold for me. last night i decided to test Max
and here iwas picking up their dead carcasses called toys off my bedroom floor. i also was carrying laundry too and before i knew it my arms were full

hmmmmmmmm how quick can doodles learn? I asked Max to pick up the Buffalo i dropped and bring it downstairs.
he did :D BUT then i asked him to put it BACK into the toy box. he did :shock:
Okay so he took it back out when i turned my back hahhahahaa
But this was the 1st time i tried this out on him.

my goal: to sit down one night and while relaxing see MAX PICK UP the toys and put them all back in the toy box for me :mrgreen:

PEANUT is so smart that all i have to do is THIK the word CRATE and she hides by the coffee table :mrgreen:

BEAU learned in 2 days to go in his crate on his own :D

Show us your Doodle's smarts! Is there something smart your doodle does? <---Topic :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
ANYONE else's doodle pick things up for you or put them back? Show us their smarts!
I tried to get Denver to do this since he was little
but it is still a work in progress. You can name different items to
him(ball, bear, squirell doggy) and he will pick up whatever you name but he will not put them back yet..................Like I said a work in progress.
Now I have a cat who will pick up stuff and put it back so maybe
he will learn from her................teehee
Hey Gene, I bet your doggies put back every toy they play with
Right?????????? Or are they just interested in destroying the new
leather couch?????????

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hahaha...put the toys back??? Dexter is great at taking them out of the toy basket and is excellent at moving them to all different rooms of the house :)

Kirby seems to not understand the toys can come out of the basket - he'll look in but not bring anything out.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon will pick up what ever you tell her too, but not to put it away. It's to carry around the house.

We had a cocker that would put up his toys. He would also take stuff to the trash for you. But I could never get him obedience trained. He did the basics like sit, but I never could walk him off leash.

When Cinnamon gets a new toy, she will carry it around the house, almost like showing it around the place..."here's the bedroom, see my bed? Here's the guest room...my sister stays here sometimes..."
:D

Let me know if Max cleans house for you. Peanut can dust!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF we can teach a doodle to pick or carry something

then is a doodle smart enough to achieve this goal:
To get a doodle to pick up socks and carry them down the laundry room and/or PUT them in the basket and NOT run away with them :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, Uma hasn't learned to put her her toys in the toy-box, but I never did either. She's is brilliant, however.

Last night, i was sitting on the floor playing with her. I'd roll a ball towards her and she'd grab it and I'd ask her to roll it back. She wouldn't, so I'd grab it out of her mouth and do it again. Roll...catch.."roll it back"...refusal...grab...repeat.

About the 5th time once she had it and I'm begging her to roll it back, she dropped it on her foot and it rolled right back to me!!!! Amazing, I tell you. Sure she didn't mean to, but she did roll it back!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I spoke to Keifer Sutherland on the phone once. Really.

(Oh. That was too MUCH of a hijack?)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Lynn, I spoke with Blair Underwood once (Oh that man is hunky) and met Ed Asner. You can guess which I enjoyed more! :lol:

G

·
Maya's a regular Einstein.....she fell out of bed this morning!!! I was getting ready for my 6am flight from Wilmington to Norfolk VA when I heard THUNK....there's Maya laying in a heap on the floor looking confused!!! By the way it is 2:30pm and I am already back in Wilmington!!!! And gonna take a nap

G

·
Lynn and Tink,
I met Joe Torre in an elevator. A wonderful, warm person who took the time to write a message to my then 10 y/o son and huge Yankee fan!
I bet I pass famous people all the time in NYC, but unless someone actually points them out to me, I don't recognize them. They just look like ordinary people :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I work at a golf course so I have met a ton
of famous hockey players............
Do you think that they pick up their toys??????????????
Oh yeah so how do I get Denver to put his toys back Annmarie???????

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm going to be a TV commercial for the shopping center my store is in.....and guess what?? Not only don't I pick up my toys, but my doods are dirty, my house needs cleaned and the word for the day is GRAND!! :wink:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes, Gene, this thread is GRAND!!!! By the way, I have a baby grand piano and Lucy sometimes picks up her toys and puts them under it. (How am I doing Annmarie?)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blueteal said:
Oh yeah so how do I get Denver to put his toys back Annmarie???????

When he's by the toybox just say DROP IT :shock: 8) :lol:

(you might have to point to the toybox though) :wink:

Peanut is so smart that when she licks my glasses and camera lens when she sees them dirty :mrgreen:

Nice try there folks with Lynn starting off with the 1st Major hijack.......we don't need famous people here, just smart dogs and common sense but humorous owners

ok moving right along hahhaaaaaaaaaaa
anyone know where kathie and gene are hiding?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know GENE....for ONCE you're right!!!

Ok tell me how smart your doodles are...I KNOW every one of you has a special something your doodle does that sets him/her apart from other dogs

helllllllo?????????? hahhaaaaaaa Anyone stepping up next?
GENE you're losing buddy.....come on please don't tell me your doodles dont' do anything smart? if not i'll have to do a search on theforum to prove you wrong

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My breeder told me Charlie could be trained to open cabinets and get items for me. You know, we can all picture the dog fetching a beer from the fridge... but REALLY... WHO WANTS THEIR DOG TO OPEN CABINETS??!!! The reason cabinets have doors is to keep things away from the doodle!!

Charlie does NOT put his toys away. He does NOT put clothes IN the hamper. He does NOT put shoes in the closet. He does NOT pick up food from the floor and put it on the counter. And he does NOT know any celebrities. :?

Deb

1 - 20 of 67 Posts