Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya,

Don't know if there are any other kiwi's on the forum, but have been lurking for a few days since our Labradoodle (Jack) arrived.

He's only 6 weeks old, not too sure if that is too early to be away from mum but she had basically lost interest in her pups at any rate.

Jack is an F1B, mother was a F1 and father a poodle. His mother has a real wirey curly shedding coat, and I was concerned that he might get the same but after looking at pictures here I think he'll be a true F1B (so thanks for all those puppy shots).

Here's wee Jack in one of his "before" photo's

And posing for the camera once we got him home

I think we have been pretty lucky with Jack - he goes to the toilet outside on the grass to the tune of "busy busy" or on paper in his "inside pen" which is just a wire enclosure that we have him in. He spent the first day a little homesick - but that night, we didn't hear a peep from him from 11pm till just after 6 in the morning - and last night it was 10:30pm till 6:30am.

I am finding it amazing how fast he is growing and his coat is changing - we are making a point of taking a photo each day as he is changing so quickly.

Thanks for all the info that is in the website - it's quite appreciated to those of us new to doodles.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi Aaron and Jack. All I can say is enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! The puppy stages are over so quickly....oh and take lots of pictures :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome Aaron! Jack is a cutie! Yes, those puppy days fly by. Enjoy! Can't wait to see more pictures of Jack.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI and welcome Aaron!
little Jack is GORGEOUS!! congrats!!!!!

looking forward to seeing more pics of him
and yes 6 wks is quite young to get a pup but if the mom
lost interest perhaps it's best he's with you now :D

G

·
Welcome Aaron and gorgeous Jack Black! I skimmed your blog and love how Mum commented that he is beautiful but "I dont really get the breed but I will work on that. " Hahaha, give her a week with Jack and she will be in love with the breed! Promise! :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome Aaron and Jack. Jack is one handsome puppy. Nice photos. But in any photo, it would be difficult to hide this little guys good looks. Marley is the same type parenting, an F1B He has 2 different shades of color and and three different hair types. At 8 months I am not sure if that will change or not.

Coat at 8 weeks.

About 5 months

And about 8 months
[/img]

Have fun with Jack, our new Kiwi friend. All of here at this forum are sure you will!! Enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I'll be sure to upload more photo's...

My old chiropractor (when we lived in Auckland) had a Labradoodle (funny enough - he's American) - which is why we decided on one - although we were tossing up between spoodle and labradoodle (just because of the size difference) but my wife is a Lab lover so ...

goes without saying doesn't it :)

cheers
Aaron

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Welcome Kiwis!
Aaron, Jack is a beautiful puppy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts