Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the one on the left is a mini F1b Labradoodle the one on the rite is a Standard F1 Goldendoodle from my current litter,,this is the best picture i have ever gotten showing size difference

Im such a happy camper,,LOL
Havent been on much of late,,how was everyones holiday? my new year started off rite,,
4 girls came in heat 1 1/2 mth early so some of my spring litters are now,,yikes!!! and yes im pulling my hair out :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thanks for the comparison picture Nancy, I always wanted to see the difference in size when puppies. What cuties :wink:

You will have a very busy spring, that is for sure :!:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey ther

yup these pups are 1day difference in age

No i mean that 4 females came in heat a month and half EARLY,,the pups are born now,,gonna be a long winter,,LOL
drowning in pups rite now ready in later in jan/feb,, awww but whatta way to gooooo!!!
ohh here is a parti doodle picture (same litter as the previously pictured mini)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Nancy they are really sweet! Great pictures and nice comparison too. Thanks for posting the picture!
I only have one litter and I don't know how you folks do it with more! (I can't do anything but hold them and teach them how to give kisses...oh, all right, they already know how...but I am the happy recipient!)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Well this is the very first time this has ever happened to me with this many litters and god willing the last,, im wayyyy to old for this,, may days are spent answering emails and playing with puppies,,ohh of course there is poop poop and more poop,,LOL

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Nancy, speaking of poop :wink: I am wondering how you all deal with it.

Our pups are pretty good at going to an area away from their sleeping/eating area, and accidentally they even make it on a potty pad or in the litter box...but mostly they sleep on the potty pads, in the litter box, in their food and water dishes, and they eat the litter that I put in the box! (Since then I have removed it...it isn't toxic, made from paper, but can't be a good thing for them.) They also love to play in the litter. (Hey, maybe that's where the term, "little stinkers" came from! :lol: )

Oh, yes, my poop question...what do you breeders do when it is time to wean the puppies and mama stops cleaning up as often? (I know it is a matter of picking it up several times a day, cleaning the space, and washing blankets, but do you have any other routine, good product or helpful advice?)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Question

after many years of messy pups and bathing to much we decided last year to go to the puppy playpens,,the ones with the grates in the floor,,we use the larger 48 X 48,,,this keeps them from reinfesting themselves with worms,,,and keeps them cleaner longer,,also if a pup is on newspaper they have the potential of having UTI more frequently,,so i was all for getting rid of the newpaper ,,the puppy play pens work good,,they arent cheap and as they grow you cant have too many in the same pen,, we rotate play time ,,appx 1hr day 4times daily,,i have a couple of teenagers that come in the afternoon just to play with pups,,(sad thing i pay them to play with puppys,,dang wish i was them,,LOL)

Main goal is to keep pups from walking in there poop getting dirty ,reinfesting themselve,, it also helps with cleaning,,the grates have to be scrubbed a couple a times per week, but its worth it,,saves me on meds and shampoo,,,LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jac, I do the same as Nancy, but for an additional reason: this way we watch each puppy's bowel movement individually to alert us to any problems. If you have them on solid ground all the time there is no way to get a perfect sample with all the wrestling and playing they do!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also, by 3 and 1/2 to 4 weeks of age the puppies are going in and out of the dog door and rarely mess on the inside part of their runs.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love my puppy pens

How does yours go in and out of a doggy door if they are in a puppy pen? ours are contained,,we have to take them out to potty and play,,interested ,,thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nancy, have you seen pictures of my Doodle building? They have 5 x 5 heated and cooled inside and 12 x 5 outside. When we remove Mom at 6 weeks we take each puppy into our puppy room and put them in individual pens to watch bowel movements, do fecal flotations on each pup... Once a pup is cleared they head back out to the inside outside run. It is the only way I'll do it. Otherwise, there are too many unknowns. Feel free to e-mail me and I will send you pictures of the building. I designed it and had it built to my specs. Next time, it may be different, we will just have to wait and see--LOL.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh i see

sounds great,, All of our pups are raised in the house,,dont have a kennel building,, :( dont think i want one,,im downsizing this year so god willing wont be needing one,,,rite now im pulling my hair out ,,we just built a additon to the house so we are a bit less cramped,,i have babies going home this weekend thank god,,lol
the puppy playpens ,although i have to take them out by hand ,they have plenty of room to play and i can view there poop when we clean,,3times per day,,a bit of work but worth it to be able to keep up with those nasty worms, pups have,,
hope you had a great holiday,,onto 2006 (can you believe it??)

·
Registered
158 Posts
In our state if you have more than three dogs it is against the law to raise them in your house. These rules are in place to help regulate people from raising several dogs in their house which might lead to some sanitation problems that could in turn lead to health problems. The way we do it, there are no worms whatsoever. I have my dogs fecal sampled regularly by my vet and myself in addition to every two week preventative deworming program for the pups and Mommas with pups. Every state is different and has different laws concerning canine husbandry. We clean everything daily (ground, floor, pens, dishes, and all puppy/dog beds and blankets get a dose of bleach as well) with a 50/50 bleach solution. Our deworming program includes Strongid T at 2, 4, and 6 weeks, and at 7 and 1/2 weeks we deworm with Panacur for three days. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PUPPY TEST POSITIVE FOR WORMS. Hope this helps clarify your questions.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My family is originally from your neck of the woods. My Mom and her nieces go back there every summer to visit the old homestead and living relatives. The nieces are into the geneaology and have met some great relatives through their research.
Nice meeting you!
Good luck with all your cutie pies!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Leeann

we love west va
Nice to meet you too
we love these little hairy people,,they are getting old enough to cuddle and play now,,i just love it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts