Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. It has been a while. I have been checking posts from time to time, but just have not been posting at all. After a rough bout with a long cold, followed by bronchitis, I was under the weather for a quite a while. Plus, I was taking a week long training class at work and with all that, I rarely had the time or energy for much else.

I have missed a bit, I am sure but I hope all my Doodle loving friends are doing well. I will be catching up starting next week. We are on vacation next week. Good time for some R&R. Every year at this time, we usually take a vacation to a nice warm weather place. Over the past 8 years we have visited Jamaica several times, the Bahamas and St Lucia. Never do much but relax by the pool, sipping a cocktail or two and relaxing. Always enjoy it though. Last year we got Marley, (and first year vet bills), installed a fence, remodeled the house in living room, kitchen and dinning area. So at the beginning of this year we decided to cancel our previously booked first time trip to Antigua. It seemed like the right thing to do back then, but now vacation week approaches, I am getting a case of the Caribbean Blues.

So Marley has even affected our in stone vacations. But that is ok. This year we are taking Marley to North Carolina to visit Kathy’s family. Antigua it ain’t, but I am sure we will have fun. And Marley will meet Kathy’s mom’s dog Shandy. Hope they get along. We plan on staging a Jamaican night. Maybe some exotic drinks, Red stripe beer and Jerk Chicken. Yah Mon, No Problem!!

So I will have plenty of time to catch up on old posts and time to post a few pics as well. Anybody near the Franklin/Highlands, NC area next week???? Later. :D :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might be warm on the beach, but pretty cool here in the mountains. We are in the Franklin/Highlands area near the great Smoky Mountains. Last night it was in the thirties, with the possibility of snow tonight!! I could have gotten this at home!! I was hoping for warmer temps, but we are having a good time visit with Kathy's family.

Marley is getting along fine with the family dog. Warming up slowly, but today they did a mini romp togther. I will post some pics soon. Marley is definitely enjoying the vast areas. It is one big dog park here in the mountains.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh Gosh i sooo miss NC ,,,i went to a private school,(since closed) in Sparta
I grew up in Winston Salem, and raised my children in Greensborn then Raleigh
Im a dedicated Tarheel,,
in fact im looking for a farm to lease in NC somewhere anywhere, LOL
the people up here are just not the same,

enjoy those beautiful views i do so miss them

G

·
Enjoy your vaca. I just got back from the mountains. We stayed in the Boone area. It was my first trip so I left Maya home but she would have loved it! next time I go back Maya is definately coming with me.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I am glad you are doing better. It seem like everyone is getting sick. I love the pictures. Have a great vacation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts