Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh! I didn't see this! Sorry...

Amelia is our little girl we are keeping from Lexie's last litter. I just couldn't give her up, Lexie was sooooooo attached to her! I am very glad too, because she is one of the smartest dogs I have seen! I really love her! We call her Amelia Jane. Here she is:

Here she is with Mama Lexie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks!
I agree that Lexie and Jonah look alike! (They act very much alike too!)

Yes, Linda, she will silver. It always makes their coat look so funny when they silver underneath and have the top black...they seem to be going bald! LOL
Her coat looks wiry, but it is very soft now, she is now a fleece coat...she will be a beauty!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...no prejudice here!
I agree!
I sure hope that we can get together for a Family Doodle Romp sometime, with all of our puppies and their "folks"!
Wouldn't that be great?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...bet she won't be the only one doing those tricks! LOL
I just LOVE our puppies!
I am seriously going to try to set something up...it would be such fun.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I could see all the siblings and cousins flopping around and sneaking away with various items trying to be sly :wink: Oh, I weighed Abby today and she is 22.5 pounds....how much does Amelia (I love that name) weigh?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, we selected the name Amelia because my husband's father was an Air Force pilot and it seemed like a nice tribute....then, as I usually do, I tacked on another name...so she is Amelia Jane (she answers to Mia and Janie too.)
I took Amelia to the vet yesterday for her last shot, she weighed 24.4 lbs. She is a pretty big girl!
It would be great to have them together again to play...we did that with Lexie's first litter, got the siblings together sometimes, it was fun. They seem to remember and they all get along famously!
It's also a thrill for me to see the pups...I have only had one that didn't respond to me, and she is so in love with her new "mama" that she only has eyes/ears for her! (That would be Kari and Pepper...Kari is the one on this forum who raises Guide Dogs.)
The other pups forget all of their good manners (taught by their new families) and jump all over me, just like when they were tiny! LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow JAC....your doodle family is growing by leaps and bounds! :D
Amealia has really grown and is gorgeous. I love her coat and also leo's as well. leo and amelia must almost look like max and peanut in color contrast.

It's amazing how so many of us now have more than 1 doodle that aren't breeders. HOWEVER jac you win 1st prize for having the largest doodle family and probably the largest heart and patience level to do this.
congrats!!!!

keep me posted on both amelia jane and leo....lov hearing about them!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Jac, why didn't you tell me Copper has a relative living only 10 miles, as the crow flies, away. :shock:

Hi Tallady, we're neighbors! And we have doggie siblings! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, it would be so great for you to get Copper and Abby together! What fun that would be...plus knowing you both, I have no doubt that the doodle mamas would get along well too!
Vicky, you do know that you have a sibling in Lodi, don't you? Zoe isn't too far from you...she was at the doodle romp that I attended in Davis...the other "Poodle"! LOL
Oh! And, you have another one too! Ellie lives with a family at the Air Force Base! So, there you have 4 Lexie puppies (two of each litter) living close-by!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Copper's Mommy! I live in Folsom so is that 10 miles as the crow flies from you? I love that expression! How old is Copper? Abby will be 4 months on the 16th. It would be a hoot to get them together :lol: What color is Copper...hmmm, the name might be an indication :wink: Don't you just love Jac :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi again, yes we are close. I am in Rancho Murieta. We will definitely have to get together. Did you take Abby to the Petsmart on E. Bidwell? That is where I took Copper for grooming puppy school etc. Speaking of Copper, he is from Jac's first Lexie and Chase litter. He is 1 1/2 yrs June 1st.

Jac, which AF Base is Ellie at? And yes, I remember Zoe. Lodi is a bit further as well. But Folsom is real close. In fact it is the "town" we go to when we go to town, lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey!! Can I help it that my sweet Pepper loves me so?! She just is so smart that she knows who she needs to pay attention to when she is working!! It is not that she doesn't love Jacque, she just is too aware of her new important job training and wants to be head of her class!!

We were lucky enough to get all but one of the super smart beauties that Jacque and Dave have donated to Guide Dogs of America together at the last graduation[/img]IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/kariweber/pepper021.jpg[/IMG]
from left: Yoda, Pixie, Yasmin, Paco and my sweet Pepper (that is not me with her!!) Yoda and Yasmin are Amelia's siblings!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts