Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was soooooo good on the airplane. I didnt get sick or messy at all! And then these nice people came and picked me up! I was a little nervous at first... but then I ventured out and explored my new home. They had a really fun toy for me and I ate some lunch and played for a while. Then I told them I needed to go outside and daddy hurried and got me out to do my business. Now I am tired... and having a nap on my brand new bed. I love my new home. ~Sammy

·
Registered
146 Posts
My husband and I thought she reminds us of Gunner when we got him. You really took some great pictures. I hope all goes well your first night home.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D SHE IS GORGEOUS!!! Oh, happy day!!
I am thrilled for you both...you look so happy! And she is such a sweetheart! She looks like my girls! (And Coal looks like my Max...so, you see, they DO look alike!)
She is one lucky little girl, that's for sure!
Enjoy this cuddle time with her. You are very blessed...she is adorable! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
YAY!!! The wait is finally over! She is absolutely adorable... I just want to hug her and kiss her and smell that wonderful puppy breath. Oh, enjoy it while it lasts. I'm so happy for you guys!!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What a CUTEE PATOOTEE :D :D :D :D :D I got on the forum and saw all the people that were on here and I knew that you had to have posted pictures :lol: :lol: I just knew everyone was checking in to see :wink: Great pictures and a beautiful family :!:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Kelly, she is so adorable!! I love the last picture of her laying her head on her paw, how SWEET!!! You can keep all that snow though :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks guys... we are really having fun with her!

Maureen: I actually think the pics are misleading... her coat is SUPER shiny and in person she is really quite black and I dont see any little white hairs anywhere yet, but wouldnt that be fun if she was silver! Her skin pigment is actually pretty white, so I dont know if that means anything, but sometimes that is also what you are seeing in the pics, a little of her skin showing through.

For now she is our little black bear... we will just have to wait and see if there is any chance of her silvering!

o we are going out for a family walk to tire Sammy out so dad and I can go grocery shopping!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK we need some help. Today was a tough one.

We put Sammy in her crate to go grocery shopping, thinking that it would be a good short stint to have her in there alone because tomorrow I have to go to class for a few hours so this would be like practice. She whimpered when we put her in but wasnt totally going crazy. She whined but we left thinking she would tire of whining and eventually go to sleep or chew on the toy we left in there or something.

Well when we returned she was HOWLING and crying sooo loud. As soon as she heard us coming she stopped. When I opened her crate she was SOAKED with saliva from biting at the crate. Her entire face and front paws were FROTHY with slime and she looked SOOOOOO sad. We were only gone an hour and a half, and I am afraid of what tomorrow will bring.

Any suggestions on how to help make her time alone more bearable? we put a bear in there with her and have a clock next to the crate that is ticking. WE were thinking that maybe we would try leaving a radio or something on? I dont want her to be traumatized by this whole exprience.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hey, Kelly, be careful.....you need this health warning now that you have your Sammy:

Dog Hair: Potentially Dangerous!!!
In a press release today, the National Institute of Health has announced the discovery of a potentially dangerous substance in the hair of dogs. This substance, called "amo-bacter canis" has been linked with the following symptoms in female humans:
Reluctance to cook
Reluctance to perform housework
Reluctance to wear anything but jeans or sweats
Reluctance to work except in support of a dog
Physical craving for contact with dogs (may be an addiction)
Beware: If you come in contact with a female human affected by this substance, be prepared to talk about dogs for hours on end.
This has been a Public Service Announcement

:wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts