Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cracks us up....

Over the past week or two, but now on a really consistent basis, Dex does a really hilarious thing. He'll either sit or stand in front of me, look me directly in the eyes, and say "rf". VERY quietly, very low-pitched.

And then I start asking him questions...Do you have to go out?.....looking for your Wubba? (kong toy).... Is Timmy stuck in the well? (Like the old Lassie days..... :lol: ). When I talk to him he does the head tilt...a riot. He'll repeat his "rf" several times, all while staring me right in the eye...very serious stuff I can tell.

I've narrowed it down to him telling me he has to go out for a potty break - I usually take him out and he does his stuff. But my husband and I have to stifle smiles and giggles and stay serious while Dexter tells us what he needs to tell us. Rf.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My cats do a similar thing. They know that if they wake up Chris he'll be mad at them and do something they don't like -like lock them out of the bedroom. :evil:

So when they want something, they come over to my side of the bed and let out this tiny meow. Having had a child, you never sleep soundly ever again, so I hear them. They have the cutest looks on their faces. 8)

I know when the puppy finally gets here, I'll be the one getting up at night.
:)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max has specific whines/sounds etc for food, potty, play with me, etc
he's gotten very vocal lately for all our doodles hahhaaa
he's the spokesperson in our home.

LYNN we don't get a head tilt, we get a PAW on our arm hahhaaa
like he's saying " STOP IT MOM, you know what i mean!" hahhaaaa

sometimes YES it is tempting to ask them questions...never asked about timmy though :wink:

and if it's dinner time we spell the word EAT
same with OUT , RIDE in truck, etc

max knows those words if we say them :roll:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Too cute!
By the way, it's a little known fact that Lassie THREW Timmy down the well!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
That's how we figured out that Cinnamon needed something, like to go out. That's usually what it means.

Last night Dave went to bed without me, I wanted to stay up and watch the last of a TV show. Cinnamon stood on the stairs and "rrrff-ed" me until I said "ok, I'm coming."

Hey, when Dad goes to bed, it's time to go to bed!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Rumor is my talker, and my head tilter. His RF either means potty or "Dad, get out of the chair so Jonah will get up and I can get the toy he's got!" :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...that is so cute!

We get either a whine from Dex (gets progressively louder if we ignore him) or some very high pitched yelps from Kirb when they want to communicate...Kirb goes using his paws to smack us (actually it's more like paw on our arm) if we ignore his yelps (must be genetic Annmarie) :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Samantha wines for a bit then has this amazingly loud high pitched bark that will make you listen to her. Doodles seem to be very smart and communicate well. Once you go doodle you never go back.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ok....so what did Coco want ALL DAY barking at me....She has NEVER
done this before....this incessant barking, loud, loud, barking. I walked her long walks, three times today....she went out a bunch.....we played inside, way more than usual as it drizzled and rained all day.....Geesh! She is barking now! :shock:
Maybe she thinks she's going to get me to take her out AGAIN!!

WRONG! (especially since she has had her night-time potty break)
She just wants to play in the mud. :?
8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts