Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a lot of discussion earlier about haircuts... well, Hershey got
her first one today at 7-months old. Her hair is (was) long and wavy, so
it did not mat, but she sure was hot on evening walks in the park.

So here is the before and after... we kept her face and tail long. Everything else was cut to about 1 inch.

Just getting pretty before she meets her new brother on Saturday.

Bryan & Sharon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were actually quite concerned about the length when the groomer said that she was too "energetic" to be clipped with scissors and had to shave her. Apparently Hershey was being a real doodle. My wife was sad to see all the long wavy hair removed, but her coat has a healthy shine and is so soft. I bet she feels better too.

The groomer advised bringing our newest doodle in before 7 months old for the socialization of the hair-trimming experience. We are told that Charlie is much calmer. Maybe Hershey won't rub off immediately.

Bryan

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hershey's trip to the groomers sounds like Jonah's. I just had the paws and sanitary trim. Got there in time to see it take 3 people to use the clippers on his bum and still see him escape! :shock:

And you are a dreamer.....Miko became more like Jonah than vice-versa..... :roll:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hershey is a sweetheart!!!! I'll just bet she's going to love Charlie! Don't forget to post the new pix of the both of them! :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Thanks for that picture of the preview Gene!!!
I had not seen it and now of course I am crying
but happy happy tears because a wonderful Doodle
is going to a great home!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are about halfway home. Charlie is doing great. He was the center of attention at the last rest area. We are bonding very well. More when we get home...

Bryan, Sharon, and Charlie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts