Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are taking Hershey to the vets tomorrow to get her Hips and Elbows certified by OVC (Ontario Veterinary College). Wish her luck. I think the hardest part will be no food after 8pm tonight and no breakfast tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BEST Of LUCK HERSHEY!!

HANG IN THERE KTODD....i know how nerve wracking it can be
along with waiting on results

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dropped her off this morning. I gave her a bath last night and used a nice conditioner. Is it weird that i wanted her to make a good impression since the vet knows i plan to breed her if she passes. she was so happy to go to the vets. she sat and wagged her tail for everyone. i pick her up later today.....and then i have to wait some more for the results. Idecided on hips and elbows, since it was only a little more $$ and she is already knocked out.

I had to explain the generations of labradoodles to the receptionist. she asked "so what are you going to breed her to anyway"? i am not sure if she was just asking or being snarky, but i gave her the benefit of the doubt and just explained the breed standard for coats and why its preferable to breed an F1 back to a poodle and not to another F1, IMO.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
KTODD...i had the same thing w/PennHip vets explaining the breeding scheme as this is new to many vets.

OH while reading this I had to type an email to my boss and well there's a DoNotCall file we need for financing ....hahhaaaaaa
i asked for the DNA file instead :shock: gave the office and owners one of the best laughs all day!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow...those results come in FAST!!!
OFA takes about 2 weeks
PennHipp takes about 4 weeks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts