Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in-law will probably pass tonight . . . Dad has not been healthy for some time but he took care of himself so he could take care of Gene’s Mom who passed last May. We have all been worried about him but just last week he reluctantly agreed to leave his Utah home and move in with Gene’s brother and his wife. Everyone was very hopeful that this living situation would help him but he had his mind up that he should have joined his wife within a week of her passing, so now, it seems, he’s determined to join her. He even refused to accept a phone call from Gene’s sister because she and the other kids elected assisted care after his body apparently rejected a pacemaker. :wink:

So this is unexpected, but not really . . . but expected or not, it is always hard on the kids . . .

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
((((((((Diane))))))))))) i am so sorry and heartfelt upon hearing this news. It is so sad and hard when a family member gets tired in life and wants to be with their beloved one they lost. May god bless you all and I will say prayers for all of you.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Prayers and hugs are being sent to you Diane and Gene from your friends in Connecticut....it's sad enough losing a loved one, but for some reason, even sadder when it's around the holidays....

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
My heart goes out to you and Gene. My mom actually lasted almost 4 years after my Dad, but when she was ready, she was ready. How long were they married? My parents had 63 wonderful years together.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. They were married 60 years. Gene's mom died at 90; his dad is now 89. It's always sad, but it is his time. He knows it and wants it. They both had long, good, fulfilling lives. He actually improved overnight but he is still on a lung ventilator. They can only keep him on it for a max of 48 hours . . . he does not want life support. The sweet old fart is probably fuming mad as it is about the lung ventilator! :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
God Bless You Diane and Gene. Especially for taking your dear ol' dad's thoughts and wishes seriously and respecting them.

The Holidays do make it harder (my Dad passed on 12/23/93, my Mom 01/02/05) but no matter what or when or how it is never a good time esp. for the kids
... and no matter how old we are, we are and will always be "the kids".

Many prayers and loving thoughts to you both.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
{{{Diane}}}
I hope he's able to pass peacefully and painlessly. Since he's accepted this for himself, he likely will.

I know it's hard to lose parents, so my prayers are with your family now.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Diane...please tell Gene how sorry I am to hear about his father.
It is so hard to lose your parent. Sometimes the hardest part is realizing that you are now the head of the family...you no longer have the sage advice of your parents...and it feels very lonely.
Bless you all in this difficult time.
I hope that he rallys but if not, I hope you feel at ease with the decisions made.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
(((((((((Diane)))))))))) extra big hugs to you honey and daily prayers too

G

·
Diane, Prayers for you and Gene and his Dad and the whole family. I know how hard this is. Stay strong and hopefully everyone will be able to say goodbye and Dad will be at peace soon.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Am saying prayers....
Angels watching over you all, keeping you in all ways...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts