·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay , seems Princess Peanut has decided to
have the hardest time finding JUST the RIGHT Spot to
go potty now that she's 13mos old

any of you go thru this?

oh i think ,,,no this isn't the spot, hmm how about over there?
NOW looks up to watch car driving bye and forgets why we're
outside. :roll:
"Peanut, go potty" she now starts all over again, goes North, then
NW, then south, then north again
Breeze blows and rustles trees...peanut again looks and forgets
why we're outside
wait there's a stick ...picks it up
"Peanut, go potty" hahhaaaaa

15min later she starts to go andddddd something else distracts her
hahhaaaaaaa

Finally after i am either half frozen or soaking wet
she remembers and finally finds JUST the right spot and goes

Beau and Max get right down to business each and every time :)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee
She is a girl Annmarie and has the right to change her mind
bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
With Denver it is "Do your Business Buddy" if he has to go he circles and lets loose...............

·
Registered
150 Posts
HAAAHAAAHAAA...OMG...Annmaire...that sounds like Angel lately. Maybe Sue is right and it is a girl thing. I used to be so proud that Angel would out and potty on command and then come right back in.

But now...it's "first, I'm going to check to see if the birds are hanging out under the pine trees, then I'll run to the back corner of the house where I can't be seen and do who knows what, then back to the bird feeder to check for more birds, then oh :idea: ...I have to go potty!"

If you figure out how to break Princess Peanut of this...please let me know!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OMG! Annmarie! My Springer did that all his life!! It would drive us CRAAAAZY!!!
Here's hopin' ya don't have 11 1/2 years of that!! :roll:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nope, it's not a girl thing. Sam (who's a boy) does exactly the same thing. He rushes around sometimes and I can almost here him thinking frantically...."I think I'll go here. Nope, changed my mind. Maybe here. Nope changed my mind again. Perhaps here...." etc etc etc. It's actually really funny to watch because it looks like he really really really has to go. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky used to drive me crazy when I took him to the backyard to go potty before going to bed or if I planned to leave the house for a while. It was much more fun for him to watch birds or chase leaves instead of doing what he was outside for.

Finally I had an "Aha!" moment and put him on a leash before taking him out! No more playing! I told him to "Go potty" and he did. Now he knows that when I take him in the backyard on a leash he's there to go potty on command, not to play.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UH Sandy, I do use a leash about 60% of the time and any other suggestion? hahahaaaaaaa

this is the same dog i was soooo proud of getting right down to business in the PAST :shock:

anyway, y'all gave me some goooooood laughs tonight!!
OH my neighbors get some good laughs cause ONCE in a blue moon they hear me saying" peanut GO POTTY NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" hahahaa

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
My Springer (Male) use to squat to pee and then walk ten steps.........until he practically walked the entire yard!! We have those sensor lights.......and they would go off & on and off and on.........then he'd finally pee!!
As far as pooing..........lol..........he'd do at least 10 spins in one spot........walk ten steps and do another 6 spins........then he'd look at something and I'd think OMG!! This is NEVER going to happen!!
Seriously........11 1/2 yeas of this! But I diid LOVE HIM!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use a leash 100% of the time because Sam's potty area is in my front yard which is not fenced off (yet!). So yes please to any suggestions. Problem with the front yard is that there are lots of distractions....cars driving past, people walking past, people in the park across the road, people walking their dogs in the park across the road etc. Sam has been known to get distracted mid wee or mid poop and then it all turns to crap....literally! :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
hhaha so funny, this is usually not a big deal for Kasper. But he seems to like doing his thing in the snow, so with almost all snow being gone last weak, it was very funny watching him trying to keep his balance on a tiny spot of snow :D And now he is so happy that all the snow is back!

haha I have to get his picture some day, he likes it most when he is up to his tummy in snow, then he pees :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
maybe it's genetic? Kirby wanders all around the yard before he goes. We have Dex trained to go both in less than 2 minutes after we get him outside...haha...luckily for us Kirby can be trusted out by himself (and doesn't get too dirty) so we'll just let him go off on his own.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like Peanut has you totally figured out :lol: I made a point of telling my wife not to bring Abby in from a walk after she has eliminated. I told her continue the walk and add some fun behaviors and treats before coming back from the walk. Dogs associate very quickly, especially smart dogs, elimination means the end of the reward ie: the walk. So they procrastinate as you so aptly portrayed to keep the pleasure going till the very very last minute :twisted: and then they do their business and then drag you back home like you were keeping them from the warm fireplace :lol:
Oh the fix is Dress Warmer stay out longer and if you do treats give her a special treat when she does her biz then playtime...best mtd

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MTD... the 13 mos and 18mos stages are what i call them. :wink:

Peanut usually went on the dime untill 2 weeks ago
NOW today she went right away and Beau held out for once hahahhaa

they run on 4 of my 6 acres...and well the weather keeps changing to ice, snow, mud etc seems to disorient them at times.
Also my doodles get Playtime inside with us after they go potty

so this time i say it is just a stage and I find this is also part of Peanut's personality on and off since day 1
....she also climbed out of her xpen at 9 weeks old both the 2ft and 4 ft tall ones hahhahaaa and always presented challenges hhhaa but is so sweet natured too.
she has alot MORE golden retriever in her hahhaaa
whereas Beau and Max lean more towards poodle side in them.
and is a 2 poop 2 pee'r most times in one walk :shock:

Max too was like in the past 2 times which lasted a few days

·
Registered
286 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Finally after i am either half frozen or soaking wet
she remembers and finally finds JUST the right spot and goes
OMG yes so far - Riley has to find the "perfect" spot to poop in. Pee is another thing, that's sniff, squat and go, no problem! But #2, she has to traverse the yard 6 times, sniff in circles, over here, over there, c'mon let's go! All with one of us on the other end of the leash sliding all over the place w/o Doodle claws to keep us from falling on the icy snow in the yard!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The search is especially fun on the last trip outside for the night ... when the world is quieter and the sounds of creatures in the woods more prominent.

EBBE'S POO TO-DO LIST
1. inspect every blade of grass
2. find stick that needs to be chewed
3. bark and each and every sound coming from left - right - front - back (perhaps wake up neighbors! 8) )
4. test FoodLady's grip on the leash
5. re-inspect grass
6. wonder why Foodlady is whining "PPPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE Go!"
7. enjoy the bracing cold air
8. settle ... squat ... and hold off on the tail pump until the very last second
9. obey "COME" command promptly ... like you were waiting for it the whole time! :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hold off on the tail pump until the very last second
hehe...the other day I was watching Dex go number 2 and all of a sudden I realized he does major tail pumping and I remembered some other thread here about who's doodles do the tail pump (but was lazy to search for it)...it cracked me up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts