Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: I am really angry. Some of you may remember the witch at Toby's dr. who was so rude about him being an LD. Well, this morning I dropped off a stool sample and asked her to call me as soon as she knew something. She said she would try....I proceeded to tell her that he didn't eat or drink this morning and that I needed her to do more than try. So, I have just now CALLED HER and she said the specimen was negative. :D I asked if I could bring him tomorrow if he still wasn't eating and she was so dang rude!!!!! It wasn't what she said, but how she said it. I love the drs and the other girls there, but I don't need this. I take 5 animals to those people. UGH!!! But yeah :D no giardia. Thank God.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
gee, LeeBeth that's so crummy of that front-end person!

I think you owe it to your vet to tell them that she's not reflecting their care and professionalism. And then you probably need to find a back-up vet! I use more than one for several reasons, mostly that my "regular" vet doesn't do all the procedures and have all the equipment, but it's nice to have a back-up!

Course, you could ask Darene who she uses, too.... :wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's terrible! If you don't want to switch vets, I would definately speak to the manager or your vet. I worked at an animal hospital for a few years and we had a receptionist who was a witch. Also, fecal samples take MAX 10 minutes to read. They should have called you immediately. Be careful with Giardia though... a regular fecal floatation usually won't show giardia cysts. If you think it might be giardia, I would try a SNAP giardia test(available at some vets) or have your vet send the fecal sample to a lab and specify you want the ELISA giardia test.
Anyways, rude people stink- I'm sorry you had to deal with her. Good luck!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, man, I agree. Talk to your vet. The vet won't want to lose you as a client, not with 5 animals!
Please let him/her know the treatment you are receiving from this person. It is uncalled for, unprofessional, and if her prejudice causes her to "misplace" or otherwise negatively impact treatment for your dog, the vet could be liable and I don't think that any professional wants to be in a position to be sued because of an inept and foolish office employee.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for being our friends. I called back this a.m. to see exactly what they had found negative in the sample (I specifically asked them to test for giardia). A very sweet and very young Saturday girl read Toby's chart to me and said that they tested for WORMS!! *#@***%*. I took another sample in immediately and waited (like K9 said, it took 10 minutes). No giardia. The nice girl said she had no idea why witch woman didn't tell me to wait yesterday. She was very apologetic, still I have an appt Monday for the pugs vaccinations and I am going to tell the dr. Ya'll are right, very often vets lose patients and are not even aware of the reason why. But I WILL NOT deal with that particular woman ever again, one way or the other. Thanks again for all the support. On to the pumpkin trick now that we have ruled out my fears. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts