Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have read about Louie's injured foot. It has been a week and a half since his injury--and suddenly he is determined to get the bandage off!! He was re-bandaged by the vet last week--that lasted one day. I re-bandaged him and it lasted day and a half. Today while we were gone for a few hours-he managed to shred th sock covering the bandage and the bandage and get at the wound. It looks as though he pulled out a few stitches, and it does not look as good as it has been. He is limping on it now for the first time--so I know he has made it really sore. He only messes with it when we are gone. Needless to say we have cancelled our dinner plans tonight to stay with him ! We are at our wits end ! The stitches (what's left or them ) are not due to come out for another week and a half. We can't stay with him 24/7. I will re-bandage him tomorrow and if it does not look better, and if he is st ill liimping we will be back to the vet on Mon.--I worry about infection. He finished his antibiotics today. Any suggestions on what to do with this bad boy ? It sure would be appreciated. After his recovery going so well--I'mm afraid he is making it worse instead for better.---Kathy and Louie P.S. Lizzie does not like all the extra attention Louie has been getting !!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Maybe you could have a close friend watch him when you have to leave? or even hire a pet sitter if you feel comfortable, atleast you'd know that he wouldnt be pulling it off. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
When Doc had his dewclaws removed, he had bandages on his front legs and I HAD to use the dreaded e-collar to keep him away from them. It did the job though.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
How is Louie doing?
Have you taken him back to the vet? If not, you might want to...perhaps the vet would be able to help.
I would worry that this will get much worse (infection-wise) if nothing is done and it clearly hurts him.
I hope that your problems are solved by now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's an e-collar ? Is it one of those cone type things ? Anyway, Louie is doing much better today. We put him on "couch rest" for the weekend. He went out only when necessary, and then only by himself or on a lead. Not a happy camper as by Sunday he was no longer limping and back to his old self again--wanting to run a play. We checked the wound on Sunday and then again today and it looks so much better. Talked to the vet today, and we are keeping a close eye on it. We are wrapping it a little differently and he seems to be leaving it alone for now. He has not been alone much. Tomorrow will be the real test because we will be gone for several hours. Wish us luck !! Kathy and Louie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, an e-collar is a cone...I hate them, but in this case, it might be a good thing.
I am happy that the new wrapping is helping and that he feels better!
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts