Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeeks, the recipe was right here on the counter when I left for the store to get evaporated milk. Now I've got the milk, yogurt, boiled water, egg yolk and corn syrup all set out and can't recall how much of each!

I want to supplement a couple of little ones who are having trouble struggling for nipple time against larger siblings, in a puppy pile that nearly outweighs Mom, so Mom runs out of fuel quickly!

I've searched the Forum but come up blank under "puppy formula"

Does anyone remember it??

Thank You!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have never had

i have never had good luck using evoporated milk
i much prefer goats milk
in fact raised this entire litter on goats milk esbilac they are 6weeks old had their vet check today and the vet even commented on how good they looked

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never a dull moment.... now they can't get the formula out of the bottle. I suspect that they've grown so much that they have the air vents covered and get a vacuum lock on the neonatal nipples ... down the hill for bigger nipples...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No Worries

Get a regular evenflo baby bottle get the medium flow nipples
make sure you burp them and potty them after each feeding

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started out with the Gerber neonatal bottles with fast flow nipples, which worked like a charm when they were a week old, will look for the other ones now. Thanks.

Of course I could see if they'd lick some yogurt off my fingers at this point, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts