Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help! i came home today to a couple of piles of poop in our hallway where maggie is kenneled when i'm gone. yesterday she had some poop stuck to her behind, and i tried to get it off but figured maybe the next time she pooped (which I thought was this morning) it would come off. in the meantime i kept her on tile and not on carpeting!

well, now she has tons of poop stuck on her, and it is not firm either. i don't know how to get it all off and i may have to take her to the groomer (except it is 4:30 on a friday). i have no way to give her a bath, and i took warm water in a squirt bottle outside and tried to get it off of her. there is just too much on her. it is so nasty.

i dont' know if something is wrong with her with the looser stools. i know she ate up a chew toy the other day and i saw some bits of it in her stool yesterday morning, but she has been acting fine, so I don't think it warrants a trip to the vet. it seems when I do take her there, i don't get out of there for under $100. it is so frustrating.

any ideas on how I can clean Maggie off so she can be part of the family and be in with us? I don't want to keep her kenneled up but I am not going to let her smear poop all over the house.

help!!!

G

·
Do you have a sink sprayer? I know it sounds gross, but you can bleach the sink when you are done.
Or even just put her in the shower if you don't have a tub?

·
Registered
853 Posts
This type of thing is not for the weak stomached! He-he!

That has happened to me before many times, especially with my toy poodle. First I try to pull off as much as I can with a paper towel. Then, I take scissors and carefully cut the hair short around the "opening". Then wash the scissors in hot soapy water. Then I put her in the bathtub and wash the area. This usually happens when the hair around the "opening" gets too long.

Don't worry, it happens sometimes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
definitely not for the weak hearted! i had just come home from a much-needed massage and had to deal with this! I could feel the relaxation draining out of me by the second! just kidding.

anyway, over under "questions about your labradoodle" i finally figured out how to post pictures of Maggie. don't worry I didn't post any of her poopy posterior. she is going to the groomer tomorrow morning and i have given up getting all the poop off. i got pretty much off but she is banished to the laundry room and hallway for tonight, poor pooch.

the picture of maggie shaved is what she'll look like tomorrow, poor doggy.

we are calling it her summer haircut! and I'm telling the groomer, NO BOWS! she is not a girly dog!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i totally agree with kim26 about keeping the hair around the butt short! our groomer (at petsmart) has what they call a "face, feet, & fanny" where they just kinda trim up those parts and leave the rest alone. it's cheaper than a full haircut, and keeps things a lot more sanitary.

that being said, i've had good luck using baby wipes on errant clinging bits of poo. i buy the unscented, sensitive skin kind, and use them on the occasions kumo needs a wipe when we come back in from outside. yes, i nearly always look. smearing poo around the house is to be avoided at all costs!

i'm not sure you'd absolutely have to use the unscented ones, but i just didn't want kumo smelling like baby wipes :)

-em

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Em....I use the scented because the way Miko sleeps in the bed as of late, when I roll over...guess which end I meet??
Bahahahaahaha
Boy do I know that scenario. I usually get the famous Doodle pose with the wrong end in my face too.!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I just trim the rear end when i can.

In the past with Max's digestive issues...i'd either soak him in the tub first and then go to work and lastly trim it off if i had too. I know sounds gross but what else do you do? Max doesn't have the kind of coat that can be shaved.

The shower works great too running warm water and then having him sit a bit since he prefers it over bathtubs now.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
certainly you need to bathe your dog in a tub or shower rather than banish the poor baby :)

as stated soaking does wonders and trimming is great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts