Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, he thinks cat poops are truffels. He is 3.5 months old...he has quarter acre to roam with lots of prime spots for neighborhood cats to leave their gifts....he spends most of his time sniffing out these spots and consuming what he finds. Im worried about that he will pick up parasites and harm his digestion...besides the sickening thought. Any suggestions out there? Thanks Joe and Bubba

·
Registered
853 Posts
That does sound icky! The only think I can think of is that maybe your dog will chase the cats out of the yard when he gets bigger and they won't come in there anymore. You could also keep an eye out for cats and scare them away every time you see them. BTW, welcome! :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I have a friend who's dog did that - they figured out he was hungry. She feed him twice one morning (hubby feed him then she did, not knowing that hubby did it) and the pup didn't touch the liter box all day. Now they have food available for him all the time so when he's hungry he can eat his own food!! :roll: He's not a doodle though, he's a Great Pyrenees (sp?). Still a pup at 100+ pounds, 10 months old. BIG baby!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
That does sound icky! The only think I can think of is that maybe your dog will chase the cats out of the yard when he gets bigger and they won't come in there anymore. You could also keep an eye out for cats and scare them away every time you see them. BTW, welcome!
I would talk to a vet and see if there is something missing in his diet
that you could add or feed more. I would never teach one animal to chase another not just because I love cats(and other critters) but I would be afraid that one day that cat or squirell etc would be across the road and now your puppy is going to head into danger zone and risk being hit by a car. Not preaching, :) :) :) just my thoughts. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
853 Posts
[quote=" I would never teach one animal to chase another not just because I love cats(and other critters) but I would be afraid that one day that cat or squirell etc would be across the road and now your puppy is going to head into danger zone and risk being hit by a car. Not preaching, :) :) :) just my thoughts. :wink: :wink:[/quote]

I wasn't intending him to be TAUGHT to chase the cats, I just figured it would come naturally. I like the fact that my neighbor's cats stay out of the yard because they don't want to come where the dogs might be. :D :wink:

·
Registered
853 Posts
P.S. Please don't get me wrong, I love all animals, too, and even have my own cat. I just don't particularly like other people's cats pooping in my yard or eating the birds that I feed in my backyard. :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'd talk to the vet and make sure your doodle is deficeint or in need of a specific nturient etc. and/or may need more or a certain type of food ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts