Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok quick question: Peanut who is almost 19mos old just the past few days isn't peeing as much as usual. I know she's maturing along with max
so we've noticed fewer poops etc
plus the change of Beau not being here too affected them

I am going to try to get a sample later today or 1st thing in morning when i can run it to the vets to test it.

Ok at 1st i thought it was the heat 90's temp but today is cooler
YES she is drinking water and acting fine but she seems to pee only a few times now. No pain i know of, no straining etc and when she does go, she goes!

hate to be a worrywart but .............anyone else go thru this?
and bringing in a sample will ease my mind

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would expect that the reduced urine volume is due to the heat. It usually has to drop quite a bit in temp for things to return to normal. The body disperses the fluid via different exits, respiration & sweating for example.

If you do take a sample, I'll be interested to know the results.

I wouldn't expect to see a big different from Remy as he is in A/C for most of the day. :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
This is only from my experience, but when Miko had a UTI, she didn't pee much, but trid ALL THE TIME. She tried (going through the motions), ever half hour or so.

I would call the vet, but from my experience, it doesn't sound like a UTI.

Here's a link....
http://www.nativeremedies.com/petalive/ ... toms.shtml

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks GENE...peanut is trying, like i said when she goes it's like a camel losing it's hump hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

and maybe it's the heat but i think for a piece of mind i might try to get a sample ,now where's my tin pie pans ...care to help? :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Always go to vet when in doubt ............like you stated it gives peace of mind............
If she is actually going and not just trying then it
probably is the heat....................

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh my, I pray daily for those dayz of less pee !!!

I think the heat slows everything down (except puppies). As long as she's drinking water and got something coming out when she tries, she's probably fine.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks and plain jane ...you're probably right

i'll keep an eye on her just in case and bring a sample in too.
though she's probably fine

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Worry wart here (me) says get a sample and feel better! I know I'd be doing that! Aw....hope the Peanut is okay>
HUGS

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Annmarie, i would just take some in and see what happens. If anytime you will have piece of mind just knowing Peanut is ok. :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm getting a visual of Annmarie chasing Peanut around the yard with a container.

Can you get Dave to get a video......please?? I'll pay money!! :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
with the extreme heat we had the last few days I noticed riley peeing a lot less - maybe 3-4 times a day instead of every few hours.

we chalked it up to the heat and to maturity - since she was still drinking a good amount of water.

she also would pee way more than her normal quick pees that she was doing every few hours before - so maybe the heat is just making her lazy and hold it rather than go out in the heat!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dreamer728 said:
with the extreme heat we had the last few days I noticed riley peeing a lot less - maybe 3-4 times a day instead of every few hours.

we chalked it up to the heat and to maturity - since she was still drinking a good amount of water.

she also would pee way more than her normal quick pees that she was doing every few hours before - so maybe the heat is just making her lazy and hold it rather than go out in the heat!
exactly ! she seems totally fine today in the cooler temp's mid 60's and breezy

·
Registered
286 Posts
also - when she had a UTI - she peed constantly and each time just a tiny dribble. it was also tinged pink (which was easy to see in the snow, not so much the yard i guess)

i think peanut is just fine - just hot!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
MaxandMe said:
dreamer728 said:

exactly ! she seems totally fine today in the cooler temp's mid 60's and breezy
Good, I am glad she seems to be better... same thing here with Della... when she had a UTI... she tried to pee all the time... but just tiny little amount would come out...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Peanut last winter had a UTI and we knew it immediately, poor thing cried and i was walking her every 15min for hours
I keep cranberry tablets on hand in case for the night and race to vet in AM.

this time is different, as of last night with cooler temps she seems back to her usual routine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Emily did same in the heat and got me worried. She refused to pee after 6 pm the other day and normally she goes on command. She would just sit there and stare at me like she had no idea what go potty means!! This was in a 98 weather. She is back to normal now... :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
We learn so much on this forum from everyones experiences. Glad that Peanut is back to normal :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
me too.......now if i can get her to Poop in under 15min without pacing 21 times and doing 3 false squats hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 20 Posts