Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Paps&doodles, try what I had to do with my daughter when she was 15 months old. She learned to climb the baby gate so I stacked 2 one on top of the other, it worked wonders. It made it hard for us to get around but we knew she was safe. Congrats on your new addition, we got Lani 2/18 and just love her to death! Hre are a couple of picts. Lisa :lol:
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/gallery/thu ... ?album=113

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lisarundell- your girl is soo cute...
wannadoodle- I have thought about that b/c i do that at night-but on tues/thurs I am gone all day and I feel bad about creating him all day. The other days aren't a problem b/c I dont have classes and am home most of the day- so if I leave beeing created wouldn't be so bad...

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi,
Crating is the first choice, but I agree that it is not good to crate him for so long...have you considered tethering him to you when he is out?
We have a section of a kennel (one panel) that we lean against the gate...that works for us.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi, Guess I missed the part of "while I'm out." We have Lani crated while we are gone and are very fortunate to have a neighbor that comes in @ 10am and 2pm to take her out and play with her. I come home at lunch and am home by 3:30. Good luck with your little guy he is adorable!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh! I missed that part too! Sorry...guess you can't tether him when you are out! :oops:
Yep, then I agree...if you will be out, a crate is the best choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts