Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i would really like some input on puppy food
and what others are feeding now,
im a firm believer that a pup needs to be on Puppy specific food for at least 4-6mths old

Right now i am feeding Verus food ,,this is a wonderful food, but its hard for people to get if not on the east coast, and latly im placing pups all across the country and overseas in some cases ,,i dont want my clients having trouble getting the food,,so im looking into other options

I want to find a puppy food that is comparable to Verus or Canidae (i use the canadai can to spice up the pup food now and they love it)

Can everyone post their suggestions and why you have choosen that food, cost is also a factor, i need something around 30.00 for 40lb bag
Natural food ,
Rule of thumb ,if you have to look up the meaning of a ingrediant, its not something i want to put in my pups tummies,, :roll: :)

I know asking alot,,any info very much appreciated :? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use Royal Canin puppy food. They love it, plus it helps to keep their stools firm. It seems to do great on their digestive system. Then I also use Nuvet vitamins daily. For a 35lb bag, the price is close to $40.00

Trina

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trina
Verus is helping keep that poop firm always a good thing,, i hate runny stinky poopey,, :lol:

im going to check prices here for RC ty so much!
Nice to see you how are you doing/?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear

Im doing ok, its been slow, they have scheduled my reconnect surgery for May8 , the Dr keeps telling me how quickly i have recovered,
I look at him and cant imagine it taken any longer then it has,

in the last week i have groomed a couple of dogs , cleaned and cooked, OMG ,,,guess i am getting better,,,then in May it will be another recovery ,,,i hope that is quicker then this has been I Want to ride my horse before winter sets in again

I have poodles to groom yucky,and no help so that will be a challenge
send prayers,,, :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just don't over do it. As it seems like you are doing very well. And definitely my prayers are sent your way for a great recovery with this surgery as well as the next. Keep us posted on how you are doing. And take it easy with the grooming. Not too much at one time!!

Trina

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nancy just a heads up, i pay $30 to $33 for a 40lb bag of Canidae
i get it at Country Max though. i know others charge alot more for same bag :cry:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MaxandMe said:
Nancy just a heads up, i pay $30 to $33 for a 40lb bag of Canidae
i get it at Country Max though. i know others charge alot more for same bag :cry:
Thanks Anne Marie, Canidae doesnt have a puppy specific formula unfortunately

1 - 8 of 8 Posts