Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Bella ate half of a huge tennis ball from WalMart pet toys. The inside rubbery material looks and smells like salmon :roll: , but I am guessing it is some kind of rubbery substance. So she has thrown up 5 times in the past 20 minutes. There are pieces of the ball in it. I'm thinking this is good because she is getting the bad stuff out, am I right? Should I be calling the vet?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I just called him, had to emergency page him :oops:
He said he thinks she will be fine and it should pass. No food for 24 hours.
She has thrown up 7 times already, now it is mostly bile.
This vet never seems to be alarmed, which I guess is a good thing...and he has been right every time...so let's hope :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda i am sooo glad you called the vet and yes right now vomiting is a good sign. Hang in there and let us know what happens

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda, went through the same with Miko, once with the same type tennis ball, then again with the insole from my shoe. What she didn't throw up, I cleaned up in poop for the next 2 days. Jonah shreds. but doesn't eat it...Miko in the other hand thinks it's all food! :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Gene, Bella ate my husbands sneaker yesterday and the tennis ball today...maybe she is trying to tell me something? Lot's of rain, so walks have been not as plentiful.
She is dreaming under my feet right now, (you know when they are moving their legs and arms but are asleep?), poor thing is all tuckered out.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Yeah, they look so cute like that! When miko was remodeling my shoe, she was right under my chair. I thought she had a chew toy....in her mind...she did!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner has remodled several pairs of my shoes into clogs...quite fashionable really! His all time favorite chew are crocs....you know the rubber ones with the holes in them....they are the best!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annieG said:
Tanner has remodled several pairs of my shoes into clogs...quite fashionable really! His all time favorite chew are crocs....you know the rubber ones with the holes in them....they are the best!
well at least you got "HOLY" in more ways than one :D
i am NOT going to jinx myself...as all shoes sneakers clogs and boots are intact to-date

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Linda - I hope Bella feels better!! I know what you mean about the weather...we finally got a good walk in this afternoon.

Was she able to actually rip a tennis ball apart? Dexter ripped part of the cover off one the other day, but I haven't seen him get further with one (yet).

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
It was the extra large size from wal mart (about 6 inches) and yes she was able to chew it apart. I didn't hear a thing :roll:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Linda,

Oh my goodness!!
Just read about Bella being so sick!!
I am glad to hear that the vomiting has subsided....
must be that most is out!
You will probably notice some in her poop tomorrow, as Gene said.
Poor thing! I can't figure why they think things like that are food.....Coco, thankfully, mostly shreds things....
yes, shoes and insoles....among many other things
bought two new pairs of cheap flip flops from old navy the other day
and each pair have one that is full of holes, with hunks missing.....
I think I found all the hunks, but Coco could have swallowed some I guess. Didn't make her sick though.
I was watching Animal Planet the other night late.....
they were doing a show on pets that had swallowed dangerous things.....an inguana ate some pennies, and due to the copper....
it caused all sorts of chemical reactions in his body and could have been fatal.....a dog swallowed a large stone and had to have surgery!!!
I have been trying to be more observant than I have been.....that show scared me! But like with little kids, sometimes things happen when you aren't looking....and then there are those times you just can't get to them fast enough!! :shock: :cry:

Hope Bella is feeling better and will be her old self again quickly. I am s ure she will be smiling soon!!! Oh, that Doodle smile! :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Linda,
Sounds like Bella got most of that ball out of her...many,many,many years ago I had a Bassett Hound that ate all of my daughters barrettes and pony tail holders! The vet said to keep an eye on her and not to worry...the next few days, her poop was confetti colored!!! and she was none the worse for wear! So keep an eye on her potty and eating habits, and if it looks like she's not getting back to normal, I'd call the vet again...good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
How is Bella doing Linda?? I hope she's allright! I haven't seen an update on her, unless I missed it!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Bella is doing great! I have been mixing her old food Wellness with her new food Canidae. Today I put the Wellness in her bowl and went to get the Canidae. She got up, sniffed it and laid back down. I was so worried because she had not eaten for almost 24 hours per vet orders. I added the Canidae and she wolfed down the whole bowl! :lol: She was just waiting for the Canidae, I guess. :lol:
I feel lucky that she is doing ok, I'm sure that cheapo large tennis ball toy was made in China and who knows what it was made of....it sure smelled and looked like pieces of salmon. I even called my husband to see if he had fed her some salmon without me knowing. He was so worried, he kept calling for updates. She is his baby and she just adores him. I want a second doodle just so I can be adored like that :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks for the update Linda and i sooo glad Bella likes her Canidae.
and hope all contines to go well with her..

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda, so glad to hear Bella is better! You're a great Mom....no more salmon tennis balls! :wink:

Vanessa, you get that one for free...next time.... :twisted:

Doodles x 2=off the noodle for you...
but what a way to go!! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts