Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
She woke me up twice on Wednesday and Thursday night wanting to frantically go out. Last night I thought she was better, but I came downstairs to 4 areas of brown vomit, all mucous, but brown in color (Sorry so graphic, hope y'all are not eating) with flecks of bright red blood. I called the vet, he wants to wait and see how she does today on just water. She did not eat anything yesterday or today. She is drinking. I am so worried. He said to feed her this evening if she kept the water down. The vet said he has his pager on and to call him at anytime and to also call if she is not better tomorrow, I have not seen her get into anything unusual (besides the tip of a finger from 2 pairs of leather gloves :roll: ). I did give her the antiinfllammatory medicine on Thursday, so maybe that irritated her stomach lining? She played like usual today and took her walk, she is definitely worn out now though and resting ALOT. Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
well if the vet said to watch I wouldnt worry at all!

anti-immflamatory by nature can irritate the stomach (think advil)

as an added caution if she keeps the water down when you do go to dinner tonight I would feed small increments, perhaps a 1/4 cup then another 1/4 1/2 hour later etc.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Linda
You certaintily have done all you can for the moment. What a great Mom!!
Just watch and wait(I know very difficult) Your Bella is in my heart now and we are wishing the best thoughts, for you and your Bella.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda...hang in there and listen to the VET and also what I call
Mommie Intuition.
Sorry to hear Bella has been sick...hope all goes well really soon!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone!
Thanks for all your care and concern! Bella seems fine today! She had a good night, kept down all her water and the tiny bit of food I gave her. This morning she ate and drank well, her stool was normal and all she wants to do is play! I am soo relieved. Thanks again to all!
Linda

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OHHHH what great news!!! sooooo sooooooooo happy Bella is feeling better today---what a relief!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I really wonder if it was the antiinfllammatory drug? I asked a friend if her dog had ever thrown up blood and she looked horrified and said no! Since her dog is about 10 years old I was really worried...even though the vet said it just meant her stomach was irritated and not to worry :) Thanks again, I am so relieved she is back to her normal crazy self. She ate a nice geometric hole in my new geometric print throw...I'll try and post a picture tomorrow :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts