Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my luck - the first day my husband is away on a work trip, both dogs have diarrhea. I come home to find a present from Dexter waiting for me. So my Spotbot is working and the rice is cooking.

My question is - how much Pepto should you give to a dog per dose? I have the chewable tablets and gave them 1 each to be cautious. Should I be giving 2?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
For Dexter with his weight you can give him 2 tablets leslie

that's what our vet had us give max when he weighed less than his present 80lbs

honey i sure hope it lets up.........remember the teaspoon of pumpkin :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I'm guessing 2 are ok for Kirby too? He has the same problem, but luckily didn't leave me a mess :) Let's hope they just ate something bad :roll:

And thank god for my deep cleaner!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info Annmarie - I found some pineapple after all. Dex was all over it and Kirby finally ate some.

Hopefully I don't cause Dex to have any allergy problems w/the rice...the vet said it should be ok on occasion for a prob like this - we'll see.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leslie, let me know how they're doing ok? thanks

and you do know MURPHY"S LAW is lurking about since your DH is on a business trip :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha...well there wasn't much going in yesterday so there wasn't much coming out today :) Poor Kirby - he ran downstairs to where we keep his food and starting doing his happy dance when I asked if he wanted breakfast...he was less than pleased with his rice and pineapple :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Miko was the same today....I ran out of yogurt, so she sat and stared like...."Excuse me waiter, there seems to be something missing from my order!" Then she harumped, and finally ate it!

Hope your poopy problems are better today...we haven't had any problems in a while...knock porcelain! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts