Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to the whole Doodle world, but will hopefully be able to join you as a breeder in the very near future, and just wanted to introduce myself and start participating in some of these discussions. I've never been on a forum before, but am totally amazed at how great eveyone seems to be and the wealth of info available. I've been reading over this forum for about a week and feel like I can't keep up with all the great conversations! I've been considering breeding doodles for about 3 years now and just haven't had the adequate time that I know it takes. I'm currently in the process of getting all my ducks in a row...completing the testing, getting a web site done, etc. I've met a WONDERFUL breeder in Kansas (Diane at Double D labradoodles) whose been tremendous help and hopefully our dogs will be able to "hook up" soon. :p So....hello and nice to meet you all! :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi Julie, welcome to this forum :) :) we all try and help each other here. Mark is the one who started the forum and dixiedi and I help him in moderating it. There are a lot of others now that join in and answer questions some are breeders some are owners but they all Love their doodles as we do. :lol:

Please come back and join in that is the way we all learn from each other. :wink: You can PM me or email me at anytime and I will help you in any way I can. :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Julie, glad to see you've joined us, WELCOME :D You'll like it here, there are a great bunch of people that visit here. Please come back often :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Julie, welcome!
I am quickly joining the others to say hello...I am not supposed to be online! LOL (Should be studying...)
But when I read that you are thinking of breeding Doods and that you have a friendship/respect for Diane AND you are from California, I couldn't resist!
First, I totally agree...Diane is a great person and a really well respected breeder...you have made a good connection!
I am also from CA...northern CA...Willits. Are you nearby? (Probably not...but sure wish you were!)
If you are getting dogs from Diane...please get in touch with me...maybe we can work something out to help each other if we are close enough.
Okay, now I have to get back tot he books!
Welcome and best wishes on your decision to breed these great dogs!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi Julie, let me join the Welcome wagon! I've had puppy stuff going on so I haven't been on a lot...oh yeah and a small surgery myself, :roll: but please make yourself at home.

One of the hallmarks of this forum is the friendly respect that all the breeders give each other here. There are some forums like that and some that are less respectful, but please consider all of us your COLLEAGUES not competition and we'll all help each other. We've all put years into our learning and couldn't have done it without others helping us, so it's nice to be able to give back, so to speak, to someone new.

I'm a small-time breeder so I often send clients to Di and Linda, and others, and Linda is our resident ILA expert. Jac is lurking and we're all her enablers to take time from her Bar exam studies in order to give her a break before her brain explodes! :wink:

How about sharing with us who your Doodles are? Is that posted somewhere else and I missed it?

By the way, I'll be collecting orders for a group-rate on vWD testing around January 2007. It saves $40/test to do it in a group. :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Hi, Julie, I'll pop in her and add my welcome aboard. You got it right, this list is amazing in terms of the amount of support. You and I sound like we are just about in the same place, except you seem to have dogs already. I'm also in California, and have been doing copious amounts of research in preparation for taking the plunge in the dog breeding world. The folks here have Really been supportive and willing to share their expertise. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate this. You've come to the right place for learning about raising doodles!

In what part of California are you located?

Deb

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow...you all are so great and nice! Even if I didn't have a dog, I'd love to chat with ya! (But maybe that's becuase I only have a 1 and 2 year old to talk to all day!!) :D

To try an your questions....I'm in Southern California, about 45 min outside of Los Angeles. In fact, Six Flags Magic Mountain is about a mile away from my house. I just have 1 dog...an incredible black lab that I originally planned on breeding to another lab. She was a wedding present from my great hubby. =) My dad is a large animal vet who now works for Pfizer and he suggested I breed doodles about 3 years ago. I thought he was crazy!! I hadn't heard of them and at the time it was all very new. Shortly after he mentioned this to me, I found out I was pregnant (SURPRISE!) so I decided to put it on hold and just when I started thinking about it again, SURPRISE, I found out we would be having another! LOL... So now as I'm typing this I'm laughing to myself that I'm probably pregnant again. hehe....but I'm gonna do it regardles! Daisy (my dog) and I could be expecting together. Anyhow, so my lab is so amazing and I found a stud I'd love to use. She's due in heat next week, but she's usually late. I hoping it will all work out, but we'll see! I just got the results from the OFA back and her hips are good and elbows are normal. Such a fun piece of mail to receive! I think that's it....I need to run check on the kids but I do have some questions for y'all that I hope to be able to post soon. Talk to you soon and thanks again for being so great! =) (Ohh..and I don't know how to post a picture, otherwise I would post one of my dog).

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Julie, I have a lot of puppies in your area! (4 are in Symlar at the Guide Dogs of America.)
It is great that your circumstances are so favorable for breeding (dogs AND babies! LOL)
Be sure to get the health testing done...congratulations on the OFA results...is the stud tested too?
Also check CERF...hips and eyes are the minimum testing that people look for.
I can help you with more if you want...please feel free to contact me privately.
I'd love to learn more about your Lab...you will be breeding F1s and our breeding girls are F1s...I love them!
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Julie, what does it mean what a DOG is late with their cycle?? :wink: :wink: :wink: Just had to ask if you were gonna share THAT experience with your black beauty!?

Anyway, keep us in mind...who's the stud-owner? A breeder? Already hooked on doodles?

thanks for sharing about yourself, we'll look forward to getting to know you, and having you get to know us.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...If all goes as I hope, I would like to breed Daisy to Diane's "Mikko" from Double D Labradoodles. It looks like he would be a great match for my lab and Diane is wonderful to work with!

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome.... i also have a puppy in your area at the GDA. Her name is Sydney
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hi daissyj and welcome!!!

this is a great forum as you already know. I wish you luck in breeding.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hey Maureen, glad to see you posting again. Did you say you had surgery? I sure hope it wasn't anything serious and that you are back up to snuff :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Jac, aren't you suppose to have your nose in those books :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts