Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm a soon to be Labradoodle owner. My soon to be puppy is in the process of being bred. We'll be getting a 5th generation Austrailian Doodle. Probably a chocolate female.

A little about me. I have 4 human kids, 18, 17, 9 & 7. Two furry ones who are 10 and 5. The 10 year old is a Beagle and the 5 yo is a Pembroke Corgi. I'm 45 and married for 20+ years. I have a huge passion for sports photography and making (real, not melt & pour) soap.

We've been wanting to add another member to the family. I've searched the net for a couple of years and kept coming up with the Labradoodle as the perfect match. When I started looking for breeders I was so happy to find out the one I really liked lived in my town!

So it's going to be awhile until my pup is even born (dec), but I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Thanks,
Julie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome Julie and congrats on your decision! There is a wealth on info on this forum and a group of wonderful understanding kooks....I mean people :oops: , here to help out anyway we can! :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome to this wonderful forum Julie!!!!! Can't wait to see the picture of your new doodle when you get her or him!!!! Don't forget us now!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi Julie..and welcome.

Would you mind telling me who you are getting your doodle from? I would love to look at their website :?:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I can see this is a great board. I look forward to being a member and getting to know everyone better.

Thanks again! :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
YAY Congrats on choosing a Labradoodle. As soon as I edit a more recent picture of Napa to fit as my avatar, you can see my 4 mo old chocolate medium Australian Labradoodle! He is, as far as I can tell, about 4 generations. I know how waiting can be. I started my search around Feb last year, and didn't get Napa until mid-August. But that was a surprise, because I wasn't expecting to get a puppy until mid-to-late- September. So hang in there!

*edit* I too would like to see the breeders website.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
River Rat said:
Welcome to the forum? Where in Washington are you? We used to live off the coast of Bellingham many years ago, and loved the area.

You're going to love your doodle. They're such special critters!

Leslie
Hi Leslie,

Are you familiar with the Narrows Bridges? I live very close to them.

Bellingham is gorgeous. We just love it there. My husband went to WWU and one of my boys is being recruited there for football.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Narrows Bridges doesn't ring a bell. Where are they in relation to Bellingham and the coast?

I got my master's degree at WWU, and my husband got his school psych certification there. He was Bellingham's first high school level school psychologist; prior to that the services ended at middle school. Good luck with your son's recruitment; is he interested in going to his dad's alma mater?

Leslie

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
River Rat said:
Narrows Bridges doesn't ring a bell. Where are they in relation to Bellingham and the coast?

I got my master's degree at WWU, and my husband got his school psych certification there. He was Bellingham's first high school level school psychologist; prior to that the services ended at middle school. Good luck with your son's recruitment; is he interested in going to his dad's alma mater?

Leslie
It takes us about 2 1/2 hours to get to Bellingham. We are about 50 miles South of Seattle.

The Narrows Bridges connect Tacoma and Gig Harbor. The 2nd Narrows Bridge just opened up a couple months ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Welcome, Julie!

You will really enjoy this forum...(warning, it can be addictive !)
I am excited for you to have your new puppy. Doodles really are
such wonderful dogs! I can't imagine life without one now.
Glad you have joined us!
8)

Leslie,

Your new avatar of Chouette is precious! She sure is getting big!
Is she behaving?? She always has behaved though, huh?
:lol:

·
Registered
985 Posts
cocoandjane said:
Leslie,

Your new avatar of Chouette is precious! She sure is getting big!
Is she behaving?? She always has behaved though, huh?
:lol:
Jane, I don't know how she's behaving, since I'm in France and she's in NJ right now! I do know that the petsitter had expected her to sleep on the nice blanket I sent for her, carefully loaded with my scent, but the first morning when Elaine woke up there was a black furball on her recliner and that's where Chouette had spent the night! She's never tried that at home.

I expect there will be a certain amount of retraining to do after two weeks with someone else who doesn't really know the drill, although I did offer some pointers. But she's really not a mischievous critter - so far. If she gets into something she shouldn't, which is rare, she lets me take it away from her, but then I've never scolded her for that either so she wouldn't be likely to evade me unless she really really wanted to keep it. I just say no, praise her for releasing it, and give her one of her own toys. And she seems housetrained for sure; the sitter said she actually went over to the door to indicate that she had to go out, which she'd never done before. Maybe she saw the other dogs do it? Who knows, but I hope it keeps up because our other dogs never told us - they just waited til we let them out.

No Doodle 500's, either. Once in awhile if we've had an especially quiet day or she's spent a lot of the evening in her crate because we were out she gets rammy and won't settle down, but if I send her to her bed or tell her to lie down she gets over it. Maureen said that both parents were very mellow and I can really see that!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Leslie do you feel deprived that Chouette doesn't do the Doodle 500? :wink:

Welcome, Julie!
Thank you for introducing yourself so nicely. I haven't really done an official introduction yet, but I intend to....I have been caring for my poodle Jasmine who's ailing right now, and wanted to get some updtated pictures of a couple of our dogs for my 'official' intro.

My sister in law (in MI) bred Pembroke Welsh Corgis for a while, so I will look forward to your having a Doodle PLUS a Corgi. Just for a fun comparison, ya know?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts