Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I first came to this forum to read about doodles (both labradoodles and goldendoodles). My hubby and I had been considering getting a second dog and after taking some online quizes about dogs that would match our lifestyle we honed in on a doodle. Naturally I wanted to learn as much about them as possible!

The members of this forum have given me great information about the breed and have helped me find a fantastic breeder in Scandinavia... which was tricky! We are very excited about picking up our Australian Labradoodle puppy at the end of July :)

Right now our family consists of me and my husband.. and Gabby, our 10 year old pound puppy terrier something cross. She has been the most fantastic dog that I can imagine and is still as chipper, energetic and healthy as a pup. Since we moved to Sweden she hasn't had the regular interaction that she got with my mum's dog and my aunt's dog in Canada and has really missed it... so we're getting her a sibling!

I have also had my horse, Gus, for 12 years, so we're out at the barn all the time. In my opinion, running loose at the barn and going along on trail rides is one of the things that has kept Gab happy and healthy. We also hike and swim a lot in the summers.

I'm really looking forward to participating in this community... and I've already become a devoted labradoodle fan!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Welcome to the family!!

Can't wait to hear about your new Doodle! And we take pictures of any non doodle you might have around, too. We're kind of an equal opportunity dog lover forum, just kind of partial to dood's.
:lol:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! Cin is really beautiful :) I've never seen a dog quite her colour!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI mernor!!! nice to meet you and which one are you getting?
a LD OR GD? can't wait to see pics later on........congrats! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting an Australian Labradoodle pup! We are so excited! It will be my husbands first puppy ever :) He officially became Gab's father when we got married two and a half years ago, but she was already nearly eight years old by then :)

The more I read about doodles the more I like them! And I particularly like the service dog history of our puppies breeding line :) Everyone thinks I'm going a bit overboard because I made a web album with pics of our puppy's parents and half siblings from an earlier litter... but I just can't help it! I haven't had a puppy in 10 years and I plan to make the most of it! There won't be another one until Gab passes on, and I hope that's no time soon!

Thanks for all your info when I first started doing my research :) Here's the link to the web album if anyone is interested! http://picasaweb.google.com/meredith.no ... bradoodles

I can't figure out how to make my pictures small enough to be an avtar :(

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cuties!! I haven't found a person who doesn't like LD or GD. Welcome

·
Registered
349 Posts
How cute.... you're as anxious as I was. The anticipation KILLS you. Just come here every chance you get. We're all obsessed with these doods. I would read for hours when I was waiting to get my puppy (and "spit" my wine out laughing a few times). The pictures here are priceless -- especially doods being "silly" (and some parent too !!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

We look forward to LOTS of baby pics.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the welcomes! My husband thinks that my excitement is a bit out of control (even though he's very excited too :p)... so I'll come here to vent it instead!

I am also a bit camra crazy.. so I promies you'll get more puppy pictures than even the most obsessed doddler will be interested in looking at! Gab has a web album with nearly 500 pictures in it!

By the way.. Jazz-min is ADORABLE!!! How old is she now?

ps.. I have a "picking up the puppy" coutdown on my facebook profile :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Welcome! :) Oh boy, even more Aussie labradoodles coming to the forum! Yeah!! July must feel so far away for you guys!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jazz is around 11 weeks old with skin-ripping razor blade teeth! Hasn't quite learned the difference in toys and human toes, fingers, hair -- but we're workin on it every minute she's awake. She gets very "sassy" when disciplined -- sticks her head down and butt up in the air and barks ! :shock: :shock: (you have to turn your head or cover your mouth if you laugh -- they are very smart).

She'll be "cute" when she learns some manners. Right now, she's a little ......... BRAT. LOL

I come here daily to remind me how "good" doodles are .... this is just part of raising a baby. :roll:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
A big Doodle welcome to you and yours. Based on your excitement now for getting your Doodle in July, you are obviously going to enjoy life with a Doodle. Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you!!!

Try this site to shrink you pics to crate an avatar. Pretty easy to do. Most of the avatars here are 180x180. Good luck.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome! I have only had my Doodle 1mo., but already can not imagine life without him. Pic of your baby when he arrives please. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts