Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - just learned to resize a photo for a thumbnail. My name is Nelda and I live with Ken, the husband, and Sasha, the boy, and the Zip. Zip-a-dee-doodle as Sasha named him.

Zip will be two in April. He's an F1B labradoodle, silver, 60 lbs, tall - should measure him. Needs groomed at the moment- can't see his eyes and therefore can't see what's going on in his head - probably, look for something to steal, look for something to run with, look for something to make them chase me. Zip is also in training at PetSmart at the moment - his third lesson is on Saturday and he's doing well. He already was OK to get along with, but did need improvement. Now that we're started, Sasha wants to go to every course available. Meaning Mom will go and he will go whenever.

Being in my fifties now, I've had plenty of pets since childhood and Zip is the best ever. He's wonderful, super, but you all know this about doods. I have never enjoyed a dog so much. I even allow him on some furniture and he can take a nap on the bed. Wow. I've never allowed a dog to do this before. He must have some hypnotic effect on me. It could be also be time of life....

He comes from Doodlesville in WVA. We got him at 7 months because I couldn't face another puppy. Boy, am I glad we missed all the chewing he could have done. Those terrible small front teeth are killers. He was actually shy when we got him. Absolutely socially uninhibited now - he sits in Petsmart trying to catch the eyes of the people watching through the glass and grinning at them.

So, will try to get photos soonest. I love all the photos of doods - they are so photogenic [unlike all other dog breeds, of course, who are only also-rans]. I like to see all the different haircuts.

TTFN - Nelda and Zip

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi Nelda and Zip! Zip looks like a real cutie! Hope to hear lots from you both and see lots of pictures!!! :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello and welcome from a Marylander in Bethesda...check your private messages b/c I have a question re: a vet office up your way....thanks!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nice to meet you Zelda........Zip sounds wonderful, can't wait to see his pic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fork in road

sessa35 said:
WELCOME!!

Great introduction!!
And I love that Sasha picked such a good name--Zip, how fun!!

Just curious,
what would Zip do with that fork---talk about civilized doodle at the dinner table!! LOL!!

Again,
welcome,
our doodle forum family continues to grow!!
:D :D :D :D
What Zip would do is immediately grab said fork, decide what it is made of - metal might pose a problem, but not insurmountable - anything else will be chewed to small pieces. Zip will walk away satisfied that he has destroyed another piece of stuff left laying around by humans.

Zip discovered and chewed to pieces every piece of plastic in the backyard over a period of a few months after we got him. Flower pots, hoses, sandbox toys, everything he discovered after getting under the deck[which had been fenced off as it is low to the ground], all old dog toys from previous owners who lived in the yard, anything thrown over the fence from neighbors kids :twisted: [ lots of boo-hooing ensued], and anything he could dig up or snuffle out. He's now happy with tennis balls, chew ropes and BIG rawhide things.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome!! We got Boyd from Nan at Doodlesville (he was born May 27, 2006) and I see we're not that far apart from each other.

Maybe Zip and Boyd can get together sometime!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lora said:
Welcome!! We got Boyd from Nan at Doodlesville (he was born May 27, 2006) and I see we're not that far apart from each other.

Maybe Zip and Boyd can get together sometime!!
Hi, Lora !

Wow - Zip was born on April 10, 2006, but we didn't get him until the end of Oct. 2006. So, Nancy and Steve really raised him themselves. We try to keep Nancy up to date with photos, etc. and I check Doodlesville to see the new puppies - Aussiedoodles are the latest.

Zip would love to have a playdate with a "cousin". We have a good sized yard, but muddy for the spring. Also use Black Hill Park's dog park, which is fun over the weekends - lots of regulars.

Boyd looks too dapper :) and I love his coloring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts