Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow doodle owners! My name is Rosie. I am a mom to three (2 human and one doodle). My husband is a Marine and we have been stationed in eastern NC for most of the last 8 years. Our F1B labradoodle, Kirby, came to us in January from a breeder in Kentucky. We are FIRST TIME pet owners are are loving almost every minute of it. :lol: Kirby loves to run and play but usually wears himself out by the evening. The area we live in seems to be very dog "unfriendly". I heard there a dog park just opened up 30 minutes away so I plan on looking into that.
I'd love to meet more doodle owners in the area (havelock, nc) and I'd love any advice you can give to the new mom!

THaNKs!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Welcome to the doodle family. You have a great looking doodle on your hands.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome to you and that beautiful dood!! The only advice I can give you is ENJOY!! They are a special breed that will make you laugh everyday....at least mine do!! :wink:

G

·
Welcome!! They are a great breed of dog. Maya is my little monkey or "monk" for short. She is a great dog (most of the time) and could not have asked for a better dog.

I'm in NC too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
What a cute doodle! We live in NC as well, in Chapel Hill. I think we were the last ones on our block to finally get a dog, so can't relate to the dog unfriendly n'hood. Maybe you should get another doodle. :lol:

We got Casey 2 weeks ago and he is 10 weeks, his pathetic wet look can be seen in my avatar. I cannot get over how quickly he is growing!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats on Kirby ......and welcome :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Welcome Rosie and Kirby! What a cute little guy!!!
I used to live in Chaple Hill, NC too..... I was in 2nd grade and it was back in the 60's.
Like PLAINJANE, I was an Airforce Brat, it was just one of many places we lived.
My memories were of lots of trees, lots of snow in winter, just a beautiful place!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are having lots of fun with Kirby. lmtoth2 - your Kirby is so cute too! My son chose the name Kirby from a character on the Ninja Turtles cartoon. If we got a female dog my daughter was going to call her Miley (yes, Hannah Montana). :)

Our neighbors do have dogs that Kirby likes to play with through the chainlink fence (a pitbull and a ???) and on the other side a tiny weiner dog. By dog "unfriendly" I mostly meant the city is not dog friendly. The only place in town that dogs are allowed to be is at the vet and a small pet store. I'd love to take him to the park but its not allowed (even on a leash). We don't have many sidewalks here either but we do go for walks around our neighborhood and play a lot of fetch.

I heard that labs and poodles love the water. Kirby loves playing with water from the hose but we haven't tried swimming yet. I've thought about taking him on base and letting him swin in the Neuss River but we've seen bull sharks so I'm too scared. Maybe I'll let him play in the kids blow up pool. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts