Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Sadie Fern a few days ago. She's not quite three months old. I'll be having tons of questions very soon! What toys do your doodles love? She's definately a strong chewer but only on her own toys! We crate her at night and at least once or twice during the day. We've been letting her nap on the kitchen floor because she loves it there. Her mom is a standard poodle and her dad is a lab. She looks all lab right now. She was the last one left over in the litter because she wasn't fluffy and curly but we love her just the way she is! :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Welcome to you and SadieFern !

She is precious and I look forward to new pictures

Annabelle loves soft squeaky toys, also loves to destuff, although not as much as some doggies. Gotta be careful with the stuffing, throw it out so they don't choke on it. Annabelle alos loves to play with the dead carcass of her destuffed toys ! She likes nylabones, they make soft ones for pups

a lot of the doodles here get Kong toys, we have never tried those so can't comment on them. Then of course, she loves sticks, stones and anything else she can scrounge in the yard, a dead mouse once - ewwwww

Doodles are awesome dogs, smart, funny and full of energy, they like to run in circles very fast, Doodle 500

Good luck and have fun with SadieFern

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Well ... She is a pretty as a picture. And just wait ... We've all discovered that what a doodle puppy looks like at three months can be very different as time goes by! :shock:

Congratulations! Look forward to lots of love ... (some tears) ... and tons of laughter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
welcome and Sadie is so cute especially in the pic with your son :D

you might want to use the search button up at top ...there are TONS of posts on Toys, Food, training tips and so much more! i know i spent a week when i joined just reading hhahahahhaaa

and our Max too was the last one left, the scruffy guy with a stumpy tail no one wanted that is till I took him home :wink:

Congrats and you're going to have such fun and enriched life with a doodle to love

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More Sadie pics.! We doodle crazed people understand the need to share and brag :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your little one reminds me of what Angel looked like at that age. You will find that these dog's coats are always a surprise! Angel is now 11 mos. and has longer, wavy hair.

Then...

Now...

congratulations on your new addition and welcome!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wowza! Talk about a drastic change! It'll be so cool if Sadie's coat changes that much!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Whether or not SadieFern's coat changes for her to look like Angel...to me they are both beautiful. Makes my heart melt to look at their pictures.

Just what I want for my next doodle :wink: ...but then there was that chocolate and then the black one, oh and the brindle, and the golden...If we could only have one of every coat and color

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
now could you imagine a calico colored doodle hahhahahaaa

now i have my own Black, Red and a cream with apricot doodles

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nicole, that's a very interesting before and after shot. Sam has a very labrador face but curly ears and the breeder isn't entirely sure how he'll look when he grows up. Apart from his curly (spaniel like) ears, he looks very similar to the younger version of your doodle. I've noticed that his coat is getting quite long so perhaps he'll look like your doodle at 11 mths.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sadie looks like such a little princess!
And I just love the expression on Angels avatar. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
SadieFern and Sam...keep us posted with pictures as your pups grow...I love to watch these dogs "morph"! Some are drastic, some aren't...the surpise of the unknown coat is one of the fun things about having a doodle! :D

Mike...thanks...Angel is a real character and her avatar shows it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mazi sounds typical. She loves all toys, and she carefully destuffs those she can. She has a med. kong toy she brings to me for stufing a couple times a day. She loves tennis balls, chewy, tendon looking things, and anything that squeeks. She has a tote bag, buts wants her dad to make a wooden toy box that says Doodle 500 on it.
Mazi also loves to fetch...anything. She will bring a stick the size of half a toothpick and drop it excitedly at my feet.
The main thing is how she approaches every new experience with joyful anticipation.
Kathi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts