Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reviewing your web site for a while now and finally decided to join. I have enjoyed reading stories and learned some things during and after the buying process. My wife and I got Marley a little over a month ago at 8 weeks old. He has been nothing but a pleasure. My wife has wanted a dog for as long as I can remember. However my allergies keep me from fulfilling her wish. We just never spotted a dog that fit our bill. None that we were aware of. We wanted a larger size dog that did not shed or shed very little, due to bad allergies and mild asthma problems. After a lot of research we finally decided a labradoodle was the dog for us. Boy, were we right.

Marley has been great. Very well tempered, really laid back for a puppy. He has his moments, but for the most part he is pretty mellow, which does not bother us first time dog owners a bit. House and crate training were a breeze with him. We feel real good about that. We studied many books and articles prior to his arrival. Most problem dogs are the result of poor habits from the owners I have learned, so we learned as much as we could….and we are still learning. But it's a labor of love. I have bonded with the little guy much more than I would have thought even possible. He has brought a whole new understanding of dogs and their relationship of owners. His socialization with neighborhood dogs and their owners has been great fun. I have met more neighbors in the last month than I have in the last 6 years since we built the house. I no longer lay around at night. We are outside socializing and exercising. In this month I have lost 6 pounds and I am under 200 pounds for the first time in years!!! There is nothing I can say that is bad about this whole experience.

Someone once said "I would never join a club that would have me as a member", but based on what I have read, I am proud to join this group. Can anyone give a tip on posting photos? What is the size I want? Pixel wise or size wise. I have some that I would like to share to introduce Marley but having some trouble shrinking them up. What is the best way to do that? Any advise for the newbie? Thanks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Awwww I love him just by looking at the pictures - he looks sweet and seems to be lacking the devilish gleam most doodles have! Of course I know better ;)

He looks a bit like my Sandy did at that age, just beautiful!

And as for pictures - you are spot on with the one you posted :) Perfect size!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Another cutie joins the fold! Welcome Mr. & Mrs. Maddjaxx and Puppy Marley :D

Yes, it is amazing how much WE change when love and laughter on four paws enters our lives. And puppy time is best time to join the forum, as very experienced and wise doodle owners are prevalent (they are also wise-cracking and goofy and as nice as they can be!) :lol:
(they also know much more about the picture thing which I have yet to conquer)

It will be so much fun to watch Puppy Marley ("he be jammin'?") grow.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
What a sweetie!! Can't help you on the sizes of photos and you seem to have figured out the picture thing. Most of us use photobucket. Find the photo in your album you want to post and copy the last line under the photo--it begins with IMG. Past it to your message on this site and there you go!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"It will be so much fun to watch Puppy Marley ("he be jammin'?") grow."[/quote]

I actually read the book "Marley and Me" this past April while vacationing in Jamaica. So Marley seemed the like the right name.

Thanks for the warm welcomes folks. Lots o views too. I had no idea so many looked at these cause I did not pay attention to the view numbers.

The photo I in my first post was taken about the third day we had him. This one is a few weeks later. He is growing incredibly fast. His puppiness is slowly disappearing!!

I plan on posting a photo in the canine friends post. In it is Marley's best friend who lives just a couple of doors down. They get along real well. Great to watch. Jewel teach Marley the proper dog etiquette. Check it out.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
He is SUCH a handsome dood! We are so glad to have you both on the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful puppy, and AWESOME name! My youngest daughter's name is Marlee!!
Welcome.

(These folks around here seem to know everything necessary to live in Doodleland!)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
omigosh !! I cant believe you would read the book AND STILL name him Marley!! LOL

Glad to see his behavior is the opposite of the infamous Marley ;)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hello and welcome!
Marley is an adorable pup! Looks like he is happy to be living in your home too...and I think it is wonderful to hear you write about all of the positive changes he has made to your family and your health already!
Keep up the good work!
(The pictures are great!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
your doodle is simply adorable and looooooks so sweet !!!!!

Having a doodle (ot two in my case) totally changes your life for the POSITIVE!!! i am happy for you and it's nice to meet you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What a beautiful doodle. He looks so fluffy and squeezable. Life is good in doddleland. Yes folks we do live in a world all our own. But hey if it makes us better people then who cares. I don't know about all you, but during a bad day at work I know Tucker will be waiting for me and will be happy with anything I have to offer, therefore inspiring me to be gentle and loving just like him.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Welcome from Tanner's family...it sounds like you too have been changed by a doodle..they have a way of doing that...always for the better :)

Marley is very cute...he does look alot like Sandy...please keep the pictures coming...we love seeing them :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I don't know about all you, but during a bad day at work I know Tucker will be waiting for me and will be happy with anything I have to offer,
Boy ain't that the truth!!! Denver hears my car coming in
the drive and runs to the window, tail a waggin big goofy smile on his
face. if that don't warm your heart and make ya wanna rush home
then I don't know what does. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
A BIG welcome Marley, and to your Mom and Dad!!! This place is soooo much fun, and our Mom just sits here and laughs all night!!! Can't wait to hear of all the things you will eventually get into!!! hahahaha...

Your new friends,
Raleigh & Molly!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts